bubbleponic hydroponic starter kit

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by four4twenty, Jan 13, 2011.

1. #2 Dirtbud, Jan 13, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2011
    I could not find the price on it, But 9 times outta 10 you can make the same thing yourself for a fraction of the price and there are many threads dedicated to showing folks how on here. :wave:

Looks like the cheapest crap they could find in the nuts department and probably same for timer and pH kit. Also I would think that one round air stone would not be enough alone for the amount of plants that can hold. I would not pay more than $50 for that kit and even that may be stretching it.

2. #3 Bullistic, Jan 13, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 13, 2011
    Think about it like this, would someone make and sell a hydroponic kit that didnt work? All pre made hydro kits will of course work. What you have to look at is what exactly do you want out of your grow, the space you have, and decide which kit will be best for you.

Now, when you find what type of set-up you want, you can indeed copy those plans and make one of your own for cheaper if money is a concern. Although that involves making a list of what you need, going out and buying it, putting it together, going back out to buy what you forgot :smoke:, putting it all together, fixing any leaks or issues with it. Not to mention the constant thought in the back of your head while your gone wondering if your home-made ****** rigged operation will hold up. I didnt bother with making my own, I did some research to see what I wanted to do, then I purchased a DWC Bubblebucket kit from Stealth Hydroponics. Cost me $50+ shipping, which I thought wasn't so bad. Doing it myself might have been a little cheaper but when I factor in what my time is worth I end up spending even more money.

3. Not that hard to make a bucket or tote setup. In my opinion the totes are easier as they have flatter surface on the sides of them that allow for easier threading. Use pipe tape and go buy the proper sized drill bits for everything (that is the secret) and you will have no leaks. You may need to make more than one trip to the hardware store true :smoke: , but the idea is to save money on the hydro setup (tote, pump, air stuff, pots etc etc) so you can put it towards some good nuts and lights.

4. Y not do a hempy bucket instead. All u need is a container and drill a hole in it.cheap reliable hydro setup. Look it up on youtube.