Bubblebucket for multiple plants?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Help_Needed, Jul 27, 2007.

1. Since the Cannabis Gods decided to pull a rather mean practical joke on my last grow - all four plants were male - I'm getting ready to start another one and I'm thinking about trying a bubblebucket. Most of us are familiar with the classic design using a 5-gallon bucket to hold a single plant. But while researching on the web I stumbled across a picture of a set up using a large Rubbermaid type tub with openings for five plants cut into the lid.

Is something like this doable? Wouldn't the roots tangle up to badly, or is that not a problem with a hydro grow?

Thoughts?

2. It will work fine. I like the single units because I can isolate each plant. I don't see how roots tangling would cause any problems

3. Yeah, I was up at they local hydro store on my lunch break. Lady that works there says that root tangling isn't a problem with hydro as long as there are enough nutes for all of the plants. It's only when the nutes are limited (like they are with soil) that you have to worry about a plant becoming dominant and strangling the other(s).