Bubble Gum in DWC 5 gallon buckets

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by bubblebucketbrad, Jun 28, 2013.

1. hi guys My friend is doing 4 dumpsters plants and 1 big bud Dwc indoor under 1000 watts. So after watching his girls come to life. I thought i would try my luck and have some fun 2. Hopefully i can keep up to date with everything. Im on a small budget here is what i have:
    1 571 gph air pump
    5 buckets with 6" net pot lids
    5 clones of bubble gum from Greenhouse
    I got the clones at 6 to 10 inches putting them outdoors the week of 6-7-13
    Nuts: sensi grow A&B
    4 buckets get 60 ml of the a&b
    1 i have up to 120ml of a&b pushing it till i see a little burn or somthing LOL
    Pump and week1 outside

Attached Files:

• 015.JPG
      015.JPG
      File size:
      853.5 KB
      Views:
    • 004.JPG
      004.JPG
      File size:
      675.3 KB
      Views:
  2. week 2

Attached Files:

• 005.JPG
      005.JPG
      File size:
      607.9 KB
      Views:
  3. week 3

Attached Files:

• 048.JPG
      048.JPG
      File size:
      624.2 KB
      Views:
    • 049.JPG
      049.JPG
      File size:
      378.6 KB
      Views:
    • 050.JPG
      050.JPG
      File size:
      520 KB
      Views:
    • 051.JPG
      051.JPG
      File size:
      343.3 KB
      Views:
  4. I may be off cause i found more pictures week4

Attached Files:

• 011.JPG
      011.JPG
      File size:
      863.3 KB
      Views:
    • 012.JPG
      012.JPG
      File size:
      431.2 KB
      Views:
    • 013.JPG
      013.JPG
      File size:
      1.4 MB
      Views:
    • 014.JPG
      014.JPG
      File size:
      534.5 KB
      Views:
  5. a few shoots of the dumpster in flower

Attached Files:

• 002.JPG
      002.JPG
      File size:
      913.8 KB
      Views:
    • 003.JPG
      003.JPG
      File size:
      600.9 KB
      Views:
    • 004.JPG
      004.JPG
      File size:
      865 KB
      Views:
    • 005.JPG
      005.JPG
      File size:
      1,009.8 KB
      Views:
    • 006.JPG
      006.JPG
      File size:
      641 KB
      Views:
  6. Bad storm last night 2 out of 5 were completely leaned over alot of stress. Kinda of scared im going to lose 1.
    Also after looking threw so many heady outdoor journals i am noticing alot of bracing and support. since i choose to use buckets i am in needd of ideas soon before anymore damage and the flowering starts.
    please some feedback would be great good bad ugly im ready. I kinda feel over my head. Im not in this to make money or anything just want to provide myself and parents for the year. Im not going to stop unless it all dies for some reason. also have 1 in the ground for back up. I never fail in mother earth LOL
    Picture of the 1 in the ground
    this is old skool jack hair
    giving this all fox farm plus hygrozyme

Attached Files:

• 017.JPG
      017.JPG
      File size:
      1.5 MB
      Views:
  7. Hey GC whats up. A little update on the girls!
    only 1 was damage really bad after the wind and rain storm. I had 5 shoots break like this
    011.JPG
    so i went all paul bunyan on it threw some chicken wire around it.
    010.JPG
    here are a few pictures of the roots and stem on my #1 pick as of the time LOL
    007.JPG 012.JPG 013.JPG

8. I'm surprised you are doing DWC outside. Most people don't because you can control temp of the water. Roots can overheat and kill the plants a lot easier. Good luck ill be watching.

9. Yes kinda of crazy. I found root temp is very key for any growth plant or root. now that the plant growth covers the buckets and shades the bucket it has been way easier to control the temp. this past week when i did my water change i started adding b-52 and  vodoo juice the roots almost tripled in size. i did the change over this week by myself or i would have taken some new pictures.

10. GC need some help have slugs everywhere. is this bad or good?i have cleaned atleast 50 off of 5 plants even in the roots. after cleaning i used drive way salt and tried to spread it out in like a 10 x 10 foot sqaured area. dumped table salt around the base of each bucket. i think this should keep them away eah!

11. Use slug and snail bait.

12. Yo GC what up little up date here.
    my buddy finished his indoor so i have his bluelab ph pen and Truncheon pen
    please chim in my buddy when he veg. indoors kept his ppm around 1000. I have mine around 1700-1800ppm no burn.
    still using adv. nuts sensi a&b b-52 and vodoo hygrozyme

Attached Files:

• 007.JPG
      007.JPG
      File size:
      970.7 KB
      Views:
    • 008.JPG
      008.JPG
      File size:
      704 KB
      Views:
    • 009.JPG
      009.JPG
      File size:
      575.9 KB
      Views:
    • 010.JPG
      010.JPG
      File size:
      652.2 KB
      Views:
  13. also drinking or loosing 3 gallons per bucket a day now

14. thats really cool i dont think ive seen a set up like that outdoors before. i use a brand of snail bait called corrys slug and snail death. it seems to do the trick for me. 

15. I think i have the slugs in check now im worried about water intake or loss. 3+ gallons a day per bucket any thoughts

16. The plants are going to consume large amounts of water. You are going to need much larger containers to hold more water. Thus us why I have not seen anyone grow in DWC. The buckets can't provide the plants needs. Come time when they are deep in flower you are going to have major issue if you don't find a solution. .

17. i am in the process of setting up a 55 gallon drum with a couple airstiones and keep the ph in check. its going to be up a little higher so i can use gravity to fill the buckets. also think im going to bury 2/3 of the bucket for support i have lid locks to hold the lids on tight to the buckets. i have ran multiple runs in good ol mother earth. this is all just for fun trying to step out of the box LOL. would you keep going or throw in the towel? i thought about cutting 1 out of the net pot and putting it in the ground! also with adding water the way i am now i dont have to worry about water temp

18. #18 Growdelta9, Jul 16, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 16, 2013
    I don't know man maybe throw a couple in the ground and leave a few in the buckets, just to see. it would be cool if you could pull it off. Could you set up an irrigation like system to the buckets? like a drip system so you dont have to manually go out and keep filling them. Then as they get bigger extend the amount of time the system runs? Not too sure if that would work ive never messed with a system like this... or anything out side of dirt hahaha

19. You are defiantly doing it differently. I have thought of doing DWC outside but it seems like too many issue to work out. You are keeping up with them and they look great.

20. #20 bubblebucketbrad, Jul 24, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 24, 2013
    Hows it going had some stuggles this past week with 1 bucket. went out in the morning like normal and it was still drouping like it was dark, so i dumped my bucket changed it to just ph water. next day perked up nice in the morning with a little yellow in the bottom area. that afternoon drouping again. after a better look at things i found like a huge worm hole in the stalk 2 foot up and another 6 inches up from there. i took a 5cc plunger and tube and pushed olivias cloning solution threw it and covered it with band aides and so far so good.
    011.JPG 012.JPG
    these are some shots of the sick one ill shoot some of the holes in the morning
    009.JPG 010.JPG
    think im going to start adding bud ignitor soon
    also have a few blue cheese im going to try i no its late all for fun and learning

Attached Files:

• 013.JPG
      013.JPG
      File size:
      1.1 MB
      Views:
    • 014.JPG
      014.JPG
      File size:
      648.5 KB
      Views: