Bubble Bucket system question

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by HDxFatboy, Dec 30, 2007.

1. When you are setting up a bubble bucket system do you require an air pump for each bucket or can you run lines to more than one bucket for one pump this is assuming 2 stones per bucket. I was thinking 6 buckets 2 pumps per 3 buckets and 2 stones each each pump would only run 1 stone in each bucket so the 2 stones are running off of independent pumps in case 1 craps out you still have air going to all three buckets. so in theory each pump is only running air through 3 stones in 3 seperate buckets.

Also does anyone have an opinion on thi smethod versus aeroponics where you just spray the roots with mist and continually circulate the solution?

Thanks ahead of time!:cool:

2. I was guna do bubblers till i rememberd i was skint and they only had 1 pump with it and there was 6 buckets.spose one is easyer tho has it requires then only 1 timer:smoking:

3. This post adds another question .....Timers? I was under the impression that they ran 24 hours a day for the whole grow.

4. Yea they do lol'dont think you even allowed to turn the pump off think i ment to say PLUG:rolleyes: not timer..my bad i just sent the misses in town for a timer for me so i got the word timer stuck on my brain whilst typing:smoking:
    timer

5. Depends on the quality of your air pump. The whisper pumps, Tetra , i've used the 60gallon pump, and can run 4 - 5 inch air stones, or 2 - 5 inch and 2 - 8 inch stones.

Yes the air runs 24/7/365.

For maximum dissolved oxygen, i'd use 1 - 8inch stone per outlet on the pump.

6. So i am assuming you use this method. Do you agree with my thinking then to have 2 pumps going to 3 buckets which means each pump would run 3 - 8 inch stones so 6 buckets 4 pumps 2 8 inch stones in each bucket would this be a good idea or a waste of money. Im just thinking if one pump quits the other should hold the fort until it is replaced.:cool:

7. i keep my whole system on the same timer; light, air pump, fans etc. when is started growing i used to keep the air pump on 24/7 but i haven't noticed a difference with it off during the dark time.

8. So .....regardless of the stage you are in you run the air at the same time intervals as the lights. with no drowning? This is a great thing for power etc. You have noticed no difference whatsoever haveing the roots submerged for periods of 8 - 12 hours at a time?:cool:

9. maybe you would notice a difference if you put pump on 24/7 again then'i read that when pump is off your starving the plants of fresh Oxegen'you may not notice so much if you was in veg stage but when 12/12 kicks in you might want to have the pump on 24/7 then.......
    Please dont ask where i read it kus i cant remember'one of my many google searches lol.