Brussels Sprouts and Cauliflower

Discussion in 'The Great Indoors' started by El Duderino, Sep 28, 2013.

1. my kids have never had either so tonight i will be marinating them with balsamic vinegar, olive oil, and shallots. salt and pepper to taste. then oven roast them with bacon pieces till done. i look forward to it! i got concerend that my kids may not be getting enough of a variety of vegetables so ive been going through the produce aisle and tomorrow will be grilled portobello mushrooms and roasted cherry tomatoes(cut in half.) 

2. brussel sprouts are little alien brains. i liked them for the longest time then one day i was like this shit is awful ! i like cabbage though so who knows.

cauliflower is good though.

3. Cauliflower is pretty tasty roasted with some Indian seasonings, cumin etc.  There are tons of recipes on how to do it with different types of spicy broth or dry roasted.  Either way, it's really good.

4. i love Brussels , really underrated veggie that only comes out at Christmas

i like your idea for roasting them 

5. #5 phunk doc, Oct 10, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 10, 2013
    hot damn i need to get some brussel spouts and some other veggies...getting colder round these parts and need those hearty dishes to warm us up. one way weve found to get kids to eat veggies is just bury and hide them in juices with some fruit...cant hurt either way haha.

6. i love both as well.

i love roasting brussels and cauliflower.  

make them bitches mad crispy.

crispy, salty, something to make any kid for person enjoy them.