Brownish-yellow spots on seedling's leaves.

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Meekrab, May 9, 2010.

1. #1 Meekrab, May 9, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2010
    Hey, so my seedling of about 3 or 4 weeks has developed some brownish-yellow spots on two of it's leaves. Could it be that the lights are too close? I keep them around 2 inches away. It's only under two 24 watt fluorescent bulbs, but they do give off some heat. I have a fan in the cabinet to cool it down though. Over watering? I use distilled water in a spray bottle. I used soil with very low amounts of fertilizer...

What type of medium; soil or hydro? Soil
    What brand and type of soil? Miracle Grow: 0.10-0.05-0.05
    Indoors or outdoors? Indoors
    What strain? Jack Herer
    How old are the plants? About 4 weeks
    What type of lights and how many watts? 24 watt fluorescent sunblasters
    How far from the lights? About 2 inches
    What is your watering frequency and source of water? Once a day - distilled water
    What, how much and when was it fed? NPK? Never (there is a bit that came in the soil though)
    What is the medium/runoff pH and PPM if in hydro? N/A
    What are the temps and humidity in the room? Don't have a thermometer
    What size pots? 7x7x6
    Any bugs? Look real close. Nope

Here are some pictures so you guys can help diagnose the problem. Much thanks.

Attached Files:

2. Hi-

Be careful about spraying your plant (even with plain water) and sticking it back under your lights. Water droplets can act as magnifiers that will focus light and heat onto the leaves causing burns. While I don't know for sure that's your issue, it's something to think about.

Peace-

3. Thanks man, I never thought about that. I don't know if that's the problem though...

4. if no one has a diagnosis for me, I think I'm going two cut the two affected leaves off. if it's a disease or something, I don't want it spreading.