browning pistils

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by colorado22, Jun 22, 2012.

1. Hey all! I was wondering if I found a calyx with a green ball inside at week 1 of flower and searched and searched for any pollen sacs or nanners and found nothing , what would you think? I promise there is no chance of pollination. I also have Browning pistils on 20% of plant. I sprayed dutch master reverse and next day pistils were brown. Also they aren't brown completely just in tips. My temps are 70-77 but humidity is high. My guess is above 50% which I can't fix right now. Growing Tahoe OG Kush in dwc using three part gh nutes.

2. Can a plant grow seed with absolutely no pollen? Or can that little ball be something else?

3. Could be a hermaphrodite

4. Same shit happened to my grow. I saw no nannars at all then looked up and blam they were pollenated. Dont think my whole plant got jizzed though. Im still gonna smoke that shit!

5. ive had it happen a few times from different strains. also all of the clones i took from the strains ended up doing the same thing.

my best guess was weak genetics from feminized seeds probably using a hermie to pollinate another plant, which would cause hermies. also JUST A GUESS but even using colloidal silver or any other techniques to make feminized seeds causes a small risk of hermies. and if you were to repeat this process over and over with feminized seeds and used colloidal silver on them again, it would have even more of a chance of becoming a genetic hermie.

mine had full female flowers and no pollen sacks at all, i later found small little nanners sticking out of the middle of some buds which were VERY very hard to find. the smell of the plants were very similar and had a funky ass smell to them even being different strains.