Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Browniesss

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Telebubbies, Aug 7, 2017.

1. Hey guys. I want to bake up a batch of pot brownies. I heard that if you put the grinded up weed onto a tray and into a oven at 180 degrees C for 1 hour, it allows more THC to be active, thus making brownies more potent. Opinions? Anyone tried this? I heard it can make it 3 times more potent. Kinda sounds to good to be true. I'm actually making brownies for 4 people with 7 grams. Kinda working short already. I dont want the oven 'trick' to mess things up.

Thanks

2. It's called decarboxylation, it's a well known method and for a good reason.
    Same concept of when you light your weed on fire to smoke it, the heat converts THCa into a psychoactive form.

I think you should try 240 degrees F for 40 mins, it's known to work well

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. The herb won't get you high without decarboxylation.
    Just baking the brownies with un-decarbed, ground herb added to the recipe will decarb unpredictably, and probably only partially.
    Decarbing as ogmarcus recommends will activate the herb for maximum potency.
    Grind the decarbed herb to powder, mix it into the recipe's oil, and bake. The problem is that this baking will over-decarb at least slightly, but it's probably your best bet.
    Be careful with dosage, 7 grams will knock 4 people out. For 15% thc herb, that would be (7,000 mg)*(0.15)/4 = 262 mg each person. 40 brownies would still be 26 mg each, usually more than enough for new users.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Okay. Then what about 7 grams for 2 sticks of butter? Is that too low or just right? We dont wanna get too high

• Like Like x 1
  5. Just eat less to control the high, maybe a part of 1 brownie only. 10-20 mg thc will medicate most new users. Amount of butter doesn't matter, just the amount of herb in each serving. For example, using all the herb to make 16 brownies would produce brownies that each contain about (7,000 mg)*(0.15)/16 = 66 mg thc each, and to get a 20 mg dose, you could eat slightly less than 1/3 brownie. Or you could use 1/3 of the herb to make 22 mg brownies. Don't forget, these take at least an hour to kick in, and unpleasant overdose is a real danger.

6. If I were you I would infuse the herb with coconut oil and just use coconut oil in place of vegetable oil for a box brownie recipe. I did this and it turned out great. There's so little taste of plant material that you won't even notice

7. #7 Daybreak1, Aug 15, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2017

8. @Daybreak1
    Skip the brownie mix and go directly to Go and collect $200. :)
    =========================================================
    The basic ratio is
    5 grams of hash-kief (dry ice method with a 160 micron screen)
    2.5 teaspoons of oil
    .5 teaspoon lecithin..
    Decarb material 240F for 40 minutes
    Blend decarbed material with oil and heat 220 F for 20 minutes..
    Makes 30 (0) capsules.. Average of 25 drops of hot hash oil per cap
    [​IMG]
    Some Dry Ice hash
    [​IMG]
    Decarb 240 F for 40 minutes
    [​IMG]
    A little avocado oil for flavor and it extends the high a bit longer I feel..
    Back in the toaster oven for 20 minutes at 220 F
    [​IMG]
    The Coffee mug heater keeps the hash-oil sludge hot enough to draw up the eye dropper
    [​IMG]
    Caution.. Start with a single drop of this stuff and add more at 2 hour intervals until your off..
    DO NOT LICK THE TOOLS OR THE DISHES !!!
    Dosing is problematic as no two people react the same.. A single drop can overwhelm my wife but I need 100x that much.. 4 full caps at a time 3 times a day for my personal relief..
    Spins and dry heaves are more then possible at this strength so do take some care until you find your personal happy zone..
    Happy Tripping.. It IS a psychoactive drug after all..
    ====================================
    BNW

• Like Like x 1
  9. #9 Daybreak1, Aug 15, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2017