Brown Spots on Leaves. Please help catch this early

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Heidnik, Sep 4, 2013.

1. What type of medium; soil or hydro?
    Coco Coir - Hydro
    What brand and type of soil?
    Royal Gold Mendo Mix
    Indoors or outdoors?
    Indoors, sealed room.
    What strain?
    Cali Genetics Skywalker
    How old are the plants?
    5 Weeks from rooted clones. 
    What type of lights and how many watts?
    2x 1000W HPS in vented hoods.
    How far from the lights?
    24 inches currently. (Many will say I should be closer, but I was getting bleached leafs when lights were closer.)
    What is your watering frequency and source of water?
    RO System. Daily watering with 15% runoff.
    What, how much and when was it fed? NPK?
    General Hydroponics FloraDuo Series
    Currently watering aprox 5 gallons per day for 20 plants.
    A - 5ML / Gal
    B - 2.5ML / Gal
    CalMagic - 5ML / Gal
    Floralicious Plus - 1ML / Gal
    RapidStart - 1ML / Gal (Ramped down recently, was 2.5ML / Gal)
    What is the medium/runoff pH and PPM if in hydro?
    Unknown, I will test this. My pH of water is 5.6 after adding nutes. 6.0 before adding nutes. Using GH PH Down.
    What are the temps and humidity in the room?
    Temps swing between 80-85 degrees lights-on and 75 lights off. (CO2 @ 1400PPM)
    What size pots?
    3 Gallon Bags

Any bugs? Look real close.
    No signs of pests at all. Using neem oil weekly as preventative measure.
    Any other pertinent info?
    I had a salt build up causing neut lockout about 1 week ago. Caught it early and flushed all pots.
    Plants are LST trained, and only 1 plant has symmetrical leaf-sets, all others are alternating even though I am still in veg.
    These brown spots are on about 2-3 of my plants. One spot is even so bad it ate through the leaf! Could this be caused by water droplets on my leaves after watering?
    2nd Picture shows canopy. The tall plant in the back is a new strain I am experimenting on ;)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Seems to be getting worse!

3. I would say water more. What's your humidity? The leaves are cupping which is usually a sign of heat stress. Which can be caused if the plants don't have enough water...

4. Congrats on using Neem, unlike many others here...this I commend you for, hate to repeat my self so the issue is the same as yours ...

Nute Burn (fertilizing burn) Flush in DWC is the same anyplace including nature, ....

dump your rez, and fill with Ph air temp. water allow to circulate, wash those roots baby, 2-3 hours or overnite, depends on the size of your grow, only you know your system, anyways flush them well, allow to recover, then re-fill your rez with 50% less than before, go 7 days then 75% less than b4 the flush....add infinitum!
    (also here: http://forum.grasscity.com/sick-plants-problems/1193670-how-correct-nitrogen-toxicity.html)

note: on you next coco grow ensure you have washed the coco really well b4 use, don't trust the writing on the bag!