Brown Spots on leaves PICS

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by mali66, Sep 28, 2009.

1. #1 mali66, Sep 28, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 28, 2009
    A few of the leaves of one of my plants is starting to have brown blotches occur on it.
    Plants are growing DWC, they have been vegging about 5 weeks under a 400watt MH conversion bulb. I am using the three part Gen Hydro Flora seris nutrients and am using the amount specified for each nutrient as per the label on the bottle. The Lights were on 24 hours for probably about the first 4 weeks but i switch the to 18/6 to try and keep my temp a little cooler. Temp is about 70 with lights out and 80-85 with lights on. The plant on the left is the one with the brown spots on it, the one on the right has had no problems and ive been doing the same thing to both plants. Thanks for any help.

Attached Files:

2. here is anothe picture , [​IMG]

3. I am having the same problem as you.

4. new member here,:wave: I have had the same problem in the past and have decided it is due to to much water.
    I grow in an aeroponic system so cutting back the on time to 1.5 min. on and lengthening the off time 2 hrs off.. appears to have solved it.The spots never spread to other than the lowest leaves also they were the only ones effected.
    hope this helps
    Daddy

5. Mine are growing in deep water culture so they're in water all the time, but i believe the problem with my plant was the ph of my water was too low, i raised the ph in that partictular plants bucket slightly and its growing faster and no more spots, my other one is doing fine with the slightly lower ph though so im not sure why only one of the plants would be like that, possibly due to different strains?

6. I think your also onto something with the Ph being too low as then Mg is becoming less available, and the spots do have a Mg deff. look.
    where do you run the Ph?, I try to stay at 5.8 with an EC of 1.0

I also use GH 3 part Latewoods reciepe. 1-1-1 for growth and 0.25-1-2 for flower

Attached Files:

7. The ph in both of the buckets was around 5.8 to 6....that's where I was normally keeping both of them. I raised the ph in that partictular bucket to 6.2 and all the new growth looks extremly healthy and it seems to be growing alot faster

8. DWC and other constant watered system do often times need a slightly higher ph thN normal. That and don't forget to flush them. If there is any nite salt build up. That cause lockout. So raising the ph may fix it only because the higher ph allows for more my etc. If the prob comes back then consider flushing to fix