Brown Spots, Cant figure it out

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by knuckles6901, Jun 15, 2017.

1. So, 4 days ago I transplanted my seedling from dollar store potting soil(I know its bad) to Fox Farms Ocean Soil. When I transplanted the seedling there was one brown spot on the one leaf from what I think was light burn from a water droplet resting there. So far the seedling is having rapid growth, but more brown spots are showing up and tips of some growing leaves curling. Also the cotyldon leaves are yellowing.

The last time I watered the plant was about 3 days ago, with around 26oz of water or about 770ml. There was about 150-200ml of runoff. The soil is still moist so I haven't watered.

The first 3 pics are earlier, you can see when s**t hits the fan :/

What could be the problem, the increasing brown spots and tips is getting me worried :( IMG_5996.JPG IMG_5997.JPG IMG_6001.JPG IMG_6038.JPG IMG_6039.JPG

2. Looking awfully yellow. pH? I am guessing quite high or was quite high before transplanting.

3. #3 knuckles6901, Jun 15, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2017
    I didnt have a pH meter so I could only use litmus paper. I only tested the water which came out to be around 7...I believe FFOF is around 6.8

4. Give it a week and see if it gets fixed, if not, you are running high for sure. Iron is locked out with high pH and often confused for N because of the yellow.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Thank you so much for the advice

6. Just to clarify a week from transplant. I think you said that was a few days ago. You could do a slurry test if you only have strips.

7. Yea so about 3 more days

8. do a test now if you can, no need to wait I bet its high, just saying that I would expect it to bounce back before then if it was only your old soil.
    If it is higher than 7.1 I would get a few handfuls of peat moss to make it more acidic.

9. A little bitty plant in a whole lot of fresh soil just needs to be left alone. No more water until you can lift the container it's in and it feels light as a feather. This is going to take some time. I certainly does not need food since fresh soil is a fresh batch. Good soil will feed a plant for several weeks. Just put it under your lights and go away. It doesn't need you for DAYS!! It knows exactly what to do. TWW

• Agree Agree x 2