Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Brown Mucus after a bowl

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by limpy L, Dec 11, 2012.

1. I have been noticing lately that after I smoke I cough up brown mucus.. Is this normal?

2. The fuck are you smoking?

No, pretty sure you should get that checked out

3. Do you smoke poppers?(weed + tobacco) because if so it's common for that to happen and you're dumb for doing so. If not ignore that last sentence and go get yourself checked out

4. I notice i get brown mucus after smoking resin. But with regular not so much, unless i was already sick to begin with.

5. Never noticed that before, if you're smoking tobacco that's normal if not maybe you have a lung infection?

6. it's just tar nothing to worry about really just cut back on smoking if you don't want to cough it up

7. Prob from cigs or paper if you roll joints or blunts

8. I only smoke out of a bong.. I don't notice it unless I take 2-3 huge hits.. If I do smaller hits than nothing.. But I don't seem to get high unless I take huge hits..

No tobacco here.. Hate the smell of it

9. normal, that's what the mucus is, to trap shit like that so it doesn't go in your lungs

your body's working fine

10. Thank you that's what I thought..

Now the stupid question.. Does that mean I am "smoking" weed correctly.. I ask because reading they say newbies don't get high as easy as an experienced smoker.. I find myself getting high after 3-5 grams.. I did smoke sour grape I think and I was 2-3 hits and done.

11. that means you're getting the smoke into your lungs so yeah, most noobs just hit it with their mouth but don't inhale deep into their lungs, so the thc doesn't get absorbed

12. youre ignorant if you dont think smoking ganja will put tar in your lungs.

13. That's how it was for me for a while when I first started. Then I started inhaling deeply after a hit.

14. So it is better to take a smaller hit and a huge inhale after the hit??

I have been taking a huge hit until I feel I will cough am than take in as much air as I can..

15. if you're having trouble getting a big hit (sensitive lungs) then just hit if for a second and suck in air after that

helps get the smoke in your lungs, but not nearly as rough as a full inhale

16. It is just a little bit of resin from the smoke mixing in with your mucus. Nothing to worry about, i have had it happen many times.There even times where i get resin fully coating my tongue (The worst taste ever, trust me.)

17. I'm on day 4 of a T Break and have noticed I'm coughing up black shit every so often. Guess it's just your lungs cleaning themselves. Are you a heavy smoker?

18. I've been coughing up mucus but it's normal colored and I primarily smoke bowls so yeah I feel ya. I bought my bowl and also a small glass blown filter that fit on the inside of the bowl but on the first toke some idiot cleared it with the filter and we lost it.