Brown Leaf tips Help!

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Lusi, Oct 14, 2010.

1. Hi,
    I need some help with my plants! I have 6 plants outside 6 different locations. They are all in cloth pots or plastic pots in the ground. 4 of the plants are in full bloom, one just started blooming 2 weeks ago, and the smallest has only been outside for 2 weeks. All 6 have dead leaf tip.! I've tried everything I can think of!

I feed them miracle grow plant food every 2 weeks (Only choice to buy back then) and spray a rotation of bug killers once a week. The only bugs they have (that I can see) are white flies, a few green flies a but bigger than white flies, and maybe a thrip? All post the bug photos in another thread. All the big bugs are too busy eating the vegetable garden to bother my plants much. ;-P I hose down the plants once a week and don't have mites. My jeweler's loop should arrive soon and I'll make sure.

I've tried flushing 4 of the plants, the ones with other things going on in addition to the leaf tips. I've tried extra ferts and differnt kinds of ferts. I transplanted two of the youngest plants today to a one gallon and 3 gallon pots. The plant that is having several other issues, but is in full bloom, was in a 5 gallon cloth pot and root bound a bit. Since I've run out of ideas, I transplanted this one into a larger pot today, but didn't disturb the soil around the root ball. I then flushed that one too and did not refertilize it. Today, I noticed the Japense maple trees (the ones with MJ like leaves)all had dead leaf tips too!? What the heck is going on?

Here's the photos:
    #1 dead leaf tips, healthiest plant
    #2 leaf tips, yellow dying leavs, some with spots, and dead pistils, 3rd week of flowering
    #3 Healtheir plant, leaf tips and some stippling on a few leaves
    #4 leaf tips, yellow dying leavs, some with spots, and dead pistils, 3rd week of flowering
    #5 leaf tips and drooping off colored lower leaves
    #6 white leaf tips and edges, new growth also
    #7 same plant as #4 leaves closest to the stem turn yellow and die
    #8 same plants as #2 leaves closest to the stem turn yellow and die
    #9 same plant as #6 wilting leaves turning brow on edges and dying on new growth too
    #10 same plant as #5 leaf tips and drooping off colored lower leaves

Attached Files:

2. Sick plants section is ----> way

3. There's a sick plant section? I can't find it! Do you have a link? Is there a way to move this post? :confused:

I posted here because I'm a beginner and don't know what the heck I'm doing. Everything is dying!

I have light questions and buh questions. Do I post those here in the beginner section or somewhere else?

I figured the answers to these Qs would also help other beginners too. I knowo nothing about computers of plants. This makes finding info a nightmare. :(

4. sick plant section i just like the beginners section so where should look for it?

5. Hey,

Please let me know where the sick plant forum is! I'm not getting any help and my plants are dying. I tried to buy neem and permethrin powder, organic things... none of the hardware stores carry anything like this. ;-( They also didn't have anything to uae to change the PH and told me I just have to distill my water. ?!

I don't have any replies to my question and need help!

6. are you serious? your not looking at all. if absolute beginners is a section sick plants and problems is a section there gonna be found in the same place. read down the list, you didnt even look

7. i just re read your post and your problem is simple...nute burn. giving them extra ferts isnt gonna make the spots go away and neither is flushing but your gonna keep making it worse giving to many nutes. 1/4 strength, then 1/2, then full. work your way up

8. Sorry, sick plants section is here

Sick Plants and Problems - Grasscity.com Forums

Thought it'd be pretty simple to find.

Wasn't trying to talk shit or anything, just thought you might get better advice there :)

Good luck with your plants.

9. Ah, sorry about that. My computer crashed and when it finally rebooted, I could move the page to see more options than 4. This was after my Firefox browser died for good and ate 10 years of bookmarks. I'm trying to learn a new browser. There are a few forums I can no longer use because my cursor flashes and jumps about. I can't click in the darn box and type. The little moving icons next to this reply are all jerky too.

The only thing I know less about that MJ is computers! I'll look in that forum next.

As for nute burn... Does this mean too much fertilizer? I thought of this and bought an electronic fertilizer meter today. It says I don't have enough ferts despite me just dumping more on there to make the meter happy. I am so confused! It has to have something to do with the water. My sad little clone left in the grow room has the exact same problem is the plants outside. As of tonight, I now have 3 of 4 flowering plants with dead pistils. I can't find that issue anywhere!

It's been a bad day...

Thanks for the help!

10. yes nute burn is to much ferts. what do you mean dead pistils? did they chance colors?

11. The white hairs on the buds, the are dying. The tips of the hairs die first, the a few days later, all are dead and dried up.

OK, I took a few more pics
    1) the dead pistils (is the the right word)
    2) same plant, different bud
    3) This is a plant that has the pistils just starting. I circled two of them that die from the tips
    4) this is my youngest flowering plant. It still has good flowers, but those lower leaves have been like that for 3 weeks. The entire plant was yellow and is better. The lower leaves don't change. It aslo has dead leaf tips. This is the ONLY plant with wilted lower leaves.
    5) this is the same plant as 1,2,3 with dying pistils, 5 days ago. It happens fast!

Is there a pic I can take that would help?

All four plants in full bloom look like this now. My new fertilizer meter said they didn't have enough ferts last night. I gave them all more and today the reading is good. Does not enough ferts cause white leaf tips and dying pistils?

My water PH strips I think are for saltwater. It just shows PH is lower than 6.5

As for the water... My fresh water strips are still in a moving box somewhere. I know I have hard water. The sprinklers turn the wood fence white. It really seems it's the water since all plants have this, even the little half dead clone I tried to do. However, they all say not enough ferts too.

I don't understand the fertilizer. I give them miracle grow tomato food every 2 weeks, but then my new meter says they have nothing. Do I need to completely saturate the soil on these to correctly fertilize them? I have not been doing this.

Let me know if you have any suggestions. I was on the computer until 6am looking for things before I finally gave up. At least my computer works now. :))

Thanks!!!!!!!

Attached Files: