Brown hairs too early?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by xFOXx518, Jul 26, 2016.

1. I am about 5-6 weeks into flowering and I am starting to get brown hairs all ready. I just need some assurance and make sure everything is going good. I've read that when the hairs start to turn brown too early it could mean it's a hermaphrodite. I really hope not I looked for balls and everything. Well here's a few pics of the most noticeable hairs. They're the buds on the middle of the plant so they're not burnt from the light.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 2
  2. You don't go off hairs.
    Go off the Trichomes.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Lol there's like two or three on a couple buds, I rather be safe than sorry. And when you say go off trichomes do you mean only females produce them? I flushed my plant yesterday I've never done it before and just wanted to make sure I didn't stress it out or anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  4. You still need about another 4-5 weeks

5. Sounds about right for the time you are at during the flowering cycle. But your plants are really heavy on nitrogen. See the dark green green color instead of the typical blue/green that you get with a healthy plant. Listen, nutes aren't magic beans and no matter how many chemicals you pour in your plant, that is not going to determine the size of the plant or the amount and quality of buds you harvest. The one thing that does that is the quality and strength of lighting you have covering each plant during flower. If you have adequate lighting and give each plant enough space to spread open naturally, the light can penetrate below the canopy and all that foliage that is typically underdeveloped, will develop on out like the tops. If you have enough light through flower, the buds you harvest from the lower part of the plant will be just as fat and dense as the ones toward the top But if you flower with lighting that isn't sufficient or crowd too many plants under a light only meant for one or two plants, you just shoot yourself in the foot. Crowding plants together is never good and if you don't have space for it, don't do it. It only causes shading and stretching of the plants because you usually have to hang them higher than they should be and this causes the plant to stretch to try to get to the light source.

Go to the beginner grower threads and read till your eyes pop out. You need to get the basic "how to's" of tending this plant, what it needs and likes, what is important to an indoor grow....must basically how to keep the plant alive and happy. They are grown differently indoor than you deal with flowers or veggies outside, and it will really make a big difference in your confidence to read up on some of this stuff and expand your grow vocabulary. The more you know, the better buds you grow. TWW

• Like Like x 3
  6. These look absolutely fine.

Be kind. Perfect your craft. Give more than you take. We are family.

• Like Like x 1