Brother stole from me

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by bigheadedalien, Jul 3, 2012.

1. So the other day I was sitting on the couch in my room tying my shoes or something and I notice that the large crayon ( big hallow tube in the shape of a crayon designed to hold change) that I had about $90 worth of change in was moved a little bit to the side. So not even thinking about it I got up and went to move it back to where it belongs. As soon as I grabbed it I could clearly tell that almost all the money was gone. This thing was filled about a 1/4 of the way up and now there was only enough change to cover the very bottom of it. I dumped it all out and counted a little less than $5 in mostly penny's. I still live at home and I new immediately my brother must have taken it so I called my parents and let them know. I then texted my brother and told him to come home but he didn't respond. So my dad went and got him and brought him home and I almost killed him when I saw him. But anyways.
    My little brother and me have always been close and he smokes and we help keep each other out of trouble from our parents. I have always helped him and always had his back and then I find out this happens. Idk how to regain any trust with him or how to forgive him for such a dick move. Also my parents made him pay me back. But i had been saving that change for so long trying to fill up that crayon and its empty :( but besides having to pay me back he had zero punishment from my parents because my dad said my mom is being too hard in him :rolleyes:
    Any suggestions on how to rebuild a relationship with him or anyone have similar stories??

2. give it time shit will be fine.

3. Like Danis said, time will be the best way for this to be fixed. Money can be replaced, and it was. Just don't bring it up and it'll improve.

4. Wow.... that was such a dick move by your own brother. There's so many ways you can go about this but I am going to say be nice. Talk to him, tell him you aren't that pissed off about it but if he needed money, he could come talk to you. This will start off an honest relationship and he'll be more open about things in the future and i doubt this will happen again. :D Good luck OP

5. Give him another chance but if fucks you twice you're better off.

6. tell him to his face, "you have lost my respect you punk"
    and that will make him think, if not hes heading towards a life of crime and will get taken down with karma.

7. Dude that's fucked up due to the fact that I have a little brother. I think time will heal this, slowly but surely.

8. Post condescending memes on his facebook page.

Or awkwardly grapple him in the middle of the hallway at night and whisper "you'll be thorry" in his ear and slip back into the shadows.

9. Time is indeed the greatest healer, when my brother and I fight, within a week we are cool about it, sometimes less though.

10. Your s good guy if you are already trying to rebuild a relationship.
    I would give him a swift kick in the jewels if I found out he stole that much guacamole from me

11. "borrow" something of value of his
    when he comes running say it isn't nice is it boy

12. Your parents didn't punish him because they thought it was too harsh even though he stole almost $90? Giving the money back was just returning your thing, if he's not punished in some way won't he think it's okay to steal in the future??

13. Jack off into his shampoo :smoke:

14. I agree, just tell him you've lost all your trust in him. It will ring in his head for hours.

15. ehh i stole some change from my older brother here and there growing up, always like 3 or 4 bucks in quarters to get something stupid like some ice cream or some thing, ur bro has some balls to takj 90 bucks of change, im sure he regrets it now,and realizes, dont be too hard on him lol