Broken (?) Vapir no2 - HELP :O

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by beakid, Mar 24, 2012.

1. I purchased a Vapir no2 from the official Vapir homepage a little less than a year ago while visiting the US. I've enjoyed it very much since then and am now very sad to think that it might be broken. My symptoms are:

• Vaporizer turning on as usual, fully responsive controls, but does not heat up when activated. Light stays red.
    o This behavior has come and gone, now it seems to be permanent.
    • Vaporizer sometimes seem to produce additional heat as some of the contents seem to be burned rather than vaporized.
    o This has also come and gone, but hasn't been an issue the past month.

I've taken good care to only use US voltage (bought a special adapter at a hardware store), so I don't think it's a short circuit. I have some idea what might have caused this.

• The vaporizer has fallen from a low table (2 feet off the ground) onto the floor three times during the past year. I tripped on the cord.
    • The vaporizer has been filled both with green, but also with a very fine grained brown which might have “clogged” it somehow. The heat chamber is rather black at this point.

I change mesh screens often enough. I've already tried leaving the vaporizer on for a long while, cleaning the chamber, changing the mesh screens and blown compressed air in all open vents of the vaporizer.

With the information I've provided. Is anyone able to diagnose what might be wrong with my unit and how I might recover functionality?

:( :( :(

2. Two words: "its vapir"

these vapes are not made to last. That is reflected by the 90 day warranty. Sounds to me like your element has just shat out on you. I hear this often from owners of vapir products.

The only advice I would give you is to replace your vape with one that is not a vapir

3. Thanks for the response. Sad to hear this might be the case. Really enjoyed the product up til now. Is there any way to replace a broken element? Buying and shipping one of these to the nordics costs roughly $400 :O