broken glass?... mob griptape

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by treemendous, May 16, 2010.

1. I suppose any grip tape would work but my friend that skates swears mob is the strongest. It works so good, we have fixed 3 pipes today that have been broken for a while and they are all useable again its only like 5 bucks for a big sheet and the back is sticky so it works perfect to stick it on a table and just go to town. I don't know if anyone has said this before but I thought it may be useful

2. I have no idea what you're on about...

Are you using it to sand down the glass?

3. I think he's talking about just literally using deck grip tape to tape his pieces together.

4. Im pretty sure hes using it as an adhesive since griptape has some structure and isnt completely flimsy like duct or scotch tape

5. Man,Ive skated Mob since it was released,never would have thought people use it on glass....

6. please god tell me your not talking about taping up a broken piece with skate grip?

7. Makes sense, It's super adhesive and rigid so one layer should be enough, and I'm sure you can make it look like a neat too. I'm not sure about the adhesive it uses but as long as it's not near the heat element I'm sure it won't fume.

8. that's got to feel good in your pocket-

9. sorry guys, i was pretty baked when i posted this. im talkin about using it to sand down broken glass. the sticky back helps so you can stick it to a table so it makes it easy to sand it down and it works really fast.