Broken Glass Etiquette

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by StoneyBalognaGoingHam, Oct 5, 2016.

1. Alright, imagine this you and your roommate lived together for a year and he moves out. He leaves his rig and then you notice the new roommates are using the bong. You call him up and tell him his rig gen left is being used, so he replies "go get it and look after it". So you watch the rig for a year for him while he lives elsewhere and you live there without him. You eventually move out of the house into an apartment and you keep the rig there for 6 months. During these 6 months you made arrangements to have him pick up the rig and he never does. Eventually you use the rig and it breaks... but luckily you get the glass repaired. When you get the glass back it's still functional except the part that snapped is a little thicker. You let him know how the rig is fixed but now he expects you to pay him for breaking it since it's the not same value any more... it's been an additional 4 months he hasn't picked up his glass.
    If he didn't want it to break he should've not left it and also picked it up while it was still intact... please leave your opinions.

Personally the person watching the glass should just keep it at this point.

• Like Like x 1
  2. lol. Tell him you're going to leave it outside by the trash and if he wants it he needs to come get it before they haul it away. He abandoned it long ago.

• Like Like x 5
  3. Yeah, I would give him a deadline to pick it up...but really, it's kind of ridiculous it's come to that.

This dude clearly does not care.

I also wonder why you even talk to him...

• Like Like x 1
  4. You broke it, you bought it...right?

5. Normally I would say either fix or replace it (which you did fix it) but the dude left it at your house for a year and a half? Why would it be your responsibility to take care of his piece for that long, he should have came and got his rig

• Like Like x 1
  6. You broke it, you bought it. Welcome to the real world.

7. While this is almost the case 100% of the time.... I disagree this time. The guy left you his rig for almost 2 years AND you got it fixed. If anything he should be glad you kept it that long...

8. You leave something at my house for a year and a half and I break it, it's your loss not mine. If you wanted it, you should've come and got it. You can't just leave your shit all across the country and expect people to take care of it for you. We're not you fucking mom.

Welcome to the real world.

Not an attack on you, jakesbigfish. Merely illustrating a different viewpoint.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Thanks man! It's funny because now this dude is moving so I told him give me an address to send it to or I'm keeping it

10. Real world people understand their responsibility and check up on their own stuff

11. I am my brother's keeper. It's a principal thing to me. If he was in the joint for ten years, his stuff would be exactly the same when he got out. No excuses.

12. That would make sense, if he was in prison for 10 years. But this guy wasn't in prison for 10 years. He was out living his life, not bothering to go get things he left behind. That shows he couldn't care less about them. Not the same thing. Ever had roommates outside of a school experience? Roommates leave shit behind. Why would you protect and treasure an item for the ex-roommate when that ex-roommate has abandoned it and not bothered to come get it when there has been multiple easy opportunities?

• Like Like x 1
  13. as far as I'm concerned that bong is yours op he left it long ago he's just trying to squeeze money out of you
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  14. Honestly, I would have told him once that he forgot his shit and to come get it. And if he didn't come get it, I would automatically consider its mine. (Though I would give it back, if he came back one day and IF i still had it)

Not my responsibility, it's theirs.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Consider it a gift he left you and tell him to suck your dick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
  16. Honestly if he left it that long I would consider it yours. You did the right thing by letting him know but he clearly didn't want it back or he would have made arrangements to pick it up.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Fuck him that piece was yours you should of told him long ago to either come get it or its mine.....

• Like Like x 1
  18. Generally I go by the "you break it you buy it" rule. But this one is a exception to me. By rule you broke it you'd have to pay for it, however asking someone to watch your item for a period longer than a month fall under the "paying storage" rule, especially if asked to get the item. That rule is basically that you can asking me to watch one of your belongings for a month, and if I choose to do it a month is all the guarantee you get that I'm still taking care of your item. Now I may still be in possession of the item, but I no longer have any responsibilities to it. So the fact that you watched his rig for this amount of time offsets any damage done to the rig, like even fixing it was beyond your responsibility but was a nice gesture:)

• Like Like x 2
  19. Yeah but he repaired it and he was holding onto it for a year a half. Sounds like the owners a bit of a cunt imo. Btw could you come off more condescending? Hahaha

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

20. I guess I am past that age.