Broken downstem

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by HotGrandpa, Jan 31, 2014.

1. Ok, so the very end of my downstem broke. Would it be bad to glue it? Like would the water filter out anything the smoke could pick up as it passes the dry glue? Or do I not even have fix it, like could I still use it how it is?

Here's a picture of it
    20140130_174003.jpg

2. It would still work that short yes, you would just need more water than usual, although I would recommend taking this as an opportunity to upgrade to a showerhead downstem

whats the difference with a showerhead?

4. They basically give more airflow

5. get a new downstem. in the mean time use that one. u just need to fill it with alittle more water

6. i would probs throw some tape around that as losing that diffusion might suck.  But you should defiantly buy a new one asap.

7. Brother, that is easy as hell to glue. Get some glass glue or super glue and it will work perfect. I doubt you'll notice a difference if you don't have small glass shavings that you cant glue back. Just be carefully not to get a shit glue cause then it might actually release chems when heated.

I would also how ever recommend a shower head due to the low drag and <3 diffusion.