Broken Diffy :((

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by AlmostBaked, Mar 16, 2009.

1. Okay, so last night my roommates and I were having a little fun, and we were sitting at our dining room table passing around the bong. Everyone was being super gentle.
    Next thing I know, the girl to the right of me is toking, but no bubbles are happening in the bong, just the A/C.

We investigate, and the damn diffy broke. I knew the slits were badly cut and it was a cheap one, but it broke right in front of my eyes and I have not the slightest idea how. Edit: My girl said it might have been her slamming the bowl back into the diffuser too hard.

It broke below the sandblasted joint. Here's my question. It broke CLEANLY off in two pieces. I took a look and there's a rubber seal thing around it where the two pieces were put together originally. Is it glue!? Is it common for diffys to be made like this? I'm kinda pissed. I am using my diffy from my other bong now, but it takes it down to 14mm and there's more drag - it sucks.

Damn, another trip to Venice. :hello: How much would a name brand diffy run me?
    Thanks in advance.

2. thats weird. pics would help. a new diffy would be between $15-40 depending on holes, slits, brand name, stuff like that. i would expect about 20-25 for an average diffy

3. Thanks. I'll try to upload pics later. If I drop 40 on a RooR diffuser, would I notice the difference on my china glass? Here's my bong: My China Glass!

And also, is there a consensus out on whether slits or holes are better?

4. thats a pretty sweet bong. i dont think you will notice to much of a difference between holes and slits. i dont know of a link for a consensus but i know slits create less drag so they are slightly better.