Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Broke my Pipe =/

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Satoshi50, May 2, 2009.

1. So I got my first piece like two weeks ago and have been very happy with it. It was custom made and I got on the cheap ($20). Named it and used it about five or six times. But several days ago, as I was cleaning up, I was holding my pipe, it slipped out of my hands, and fell on the cement floor and broke into three pieces. Fuck.

Now, I just reassembled it today with tape, because that's the only thing I have and I heard glue can be harmful. I'm still very cautious about smoking out of it, though.

My question is - should I smoke out of it? The holes are all covered up by the tape, but when I'm smoking I don't want to breathe in chemicals from the tape because I'm assuming that's harmful.

So what's your guy's takes on this? Get a new piece or stick with this one? I think I know the answer but I'm just trying to be hopeful.

Also, I'd appreciate some kind responses. I already feel shitty as it is. D=

2. i would say, that as long as your makeing sure that the tape is not anywhere near the bowl, and there is 0 chance of the tape being ignited whilst smokeing, then your in the clear:)

3. No going back on broken, repairs only add a few weeks to its life. It was only 20$, not like a 80$+ piece, It aint as good as it once was, but it will prolly live for a few more weeks, as for the chemicals. If your not comfortable with it dont smoke out of it, i would say dont let the tape get hot or come in contact with it. But i personally would throw it out and just use a homemade or something for a bit until you have the cash.

4. My response is to keep it as a memory as ur first piece and get a different one to use safely. U might be risking tiny glass particles in going to ur lungs and thta would be far more expensive than a new piece.
    Happy toking! XD

5. Thanks for the responses.

Yeah, I'll just invest in a new one. It's just that since it was my first piece and I didn't even have it for very long, I wanted to, you know, get a bit more life out of it. Oh well.

Thanks fellas!