Broke as a joke...

Discussion in 'General' started by legalizebud89, Apr 18, 2007.

1. Damn, just went into work today and don't get payd until Tuesday. Dude I normally get weed fronted from is out of town for 2 weeks. I'm in a huge predicament because I need some nug for 4/20 and have 18 dollars to my name right now, yep broke as a joke. Not to mention I'm going to be needing ciggerates soon. Any idea on how to raise a quick 50 bucks so I can atleast get a quarter of some 50's? What do you guys do in desperate measures? It normally wouldn't be a problem because I could go until Tuesday without smoking and it's not like I wouldn't smoke anyways because I am fortunate enough to have some stoner friends, but I would really like to have some green to call my own on this day of all days.

Any help is greeeatly appreiciated and I'm not so much looking for smart-ass comments rather than tips and ideas to raise some money to get some green. I know we have all been in a situation like this and my brain is drawing a blank...Help me out with some ideas GC..

2. pawn a guitar, or an amp...

3. Or steal a TV from your parents. Anything for that sweet, sweet Marijuana high. It's not like it's Heroin or anything....

4. Eh, being broke means nothing. You're still who you are. Just because you don't have money...who cares? Does that not make you human? Besides, all money is...is, a paper promise from a government you probably don't believe in. :)

5. his point is, its 420, we all know its not herioin

mow some lawns, cont buy cigs, look for change around the house/car

6. I agree 100%

Unfortunately, without those green little pieces of paper you are budless, unless you grow your own:smoking:

Hey man, go can hunting, sell some DVD's or old games. There is always something that somebody will buy

7. Yeah, I don't think I'd take it to that much of an extreme. I'm not like dependant on herb as though I protray to be by making this thread, I just want some of my own chronic on 4/20.

Hah yeah, I've already went through my mom's purse and dad's wallet...Couldn't find anything though..

Yeah being broke isn't the problem I'm facing really. I can deal with being broke as long as I'm not starving or anything ya' know? It's more so the fact that I would EXTREMELY enjoy some of my own bud on 4/20. You see any other friday and this would be perfectly fine, I would just buy some 40's but that's not the case.

8. well i was just using a personal example.. i have alot of guitars and amps.

9. Word. That makes sense though. Pawning your one and only instrument would be pretty desperate though...I would only do that if I was in danger of being evicted or something.

10. Yea, money is how you can make it. Its just a way of living easier. You can live off a $1 a day in South America. Some awesome rice and beans, plenty of stories, and respect for the world we live in.

What is money? Being broke? Fuck that, that means nothing to us. Broke is not having to be confined by a false denomination we think we're worth.

....or, I'm just really, really drunk, and ranting out of my ass at this point. (probably right <--)

11. Unfortunately, I own no lawnmower. And have looked for change but am not about to pay a drug-dealer in coins. And I wish just NOT buying ciggerates was that easy, but that's a wholenother task on the 'to-do' list.

12. yeah man, I feel you. maybe you can find a lawn to mow or something. people that own houses always need stuff done and are sympathetic at times to people looking to make a few extra bucks. one year my brother and I walked through some suburbs with a couple of snow shovels and made like 50 bucks each by noon. I know it's a little late for shovelling, but you get the idea. haul off some trash, or whatever they need done. peace

13. You know I'm totally with you 100%, it's just herb isn't free. Honestly, I hate money. Shit I'd like to have alot of it but truth be told I hate it. Everyone revolves around a green peice of paper with some numbers on it. But try to think of what life would be like without it? I try to think of it as a neccessary evil. Yeah free shit, but alot of people wouldn't have as much respect for things, if any. There simply wouldn't be anything. People wouldn't slave over their jobs to get nothing out of it.

14. agreed, money isn't the problem. it's when someone places money above human dignity, money is just a tool we use.

15. yeah man I'm with you...I have $49 in my account but owe a friend $35 and he's also broke so I gotta give it to him tomorrow...that leaves me with $14. Luckily I have almost 2 packs of cigarettes that will last me 4 days if I can really stretch it down to 8 or 10 a day. I'm selling my ti-83+ silver ed. to get a little 420 cash as I'm done with all my math courses in college anyways...food should be okay until sunday or monday when I get another $80...living day to day right now but hopefully it changes in the near future. Worst thing is I can't afford to go out drinking with my friends for a bit...and tonight is the biggest night of the week at the bar we're always going to..sucks ass.

16. See? Isn't it more thrilling when you're diving up that last precious dollar? Seeing it all disappear and wonder where its gonna come from, next?

17. Go sell some shit to a pawn shop and make some quick cash that way.

18. Actually, when I made this thread I was thinking about the exact thread you made about somewhat the same issue.

19. Probably what I'll end up doing.

20. yeah I've been hurtin for a little bit now but I'm waiting on a couple checks from some work I did a while ago. Last week I found two old textbooks for classes I took last semester and I sold them both back at the bookstore and they gave me $50 which was pretty sweet. Spent 20 at the grocery store, and the rest at the bars this past weekend. It was a good time..also did some free lines on saturday. My friends and I all go through these stages and we help each other out with smokeouts etc...it's just my turn right now for a little bit longer haha. So much "I'll give you a nug for a ride to work" type stuff haha