British Columbia jail time?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by ppoi420, Aug 23, 2011.

1. I am growing pot for the 1st time ( British Columbia) and was wondering how much sh@! I would get in if the cops stopped by and asked to look in my very tiny 5 plant greenhouse (possible jailtime??!). Do I have any legal rights being a Canadian citizen if coppers knock on my door and ask to look in my backyard/garden? Can I tell them no? Do they need a warrant?

thank you GC:smoke:

2. You should look at the laws for your area. Im an American so I really can't speak on the subject but read the stickys. Always a good place to start :D

3. relevant to my interests..once I move to BC i'll be growing.. so here's the word on the law there.. its confusing as fuck..

lol..

4. hopefully all the cops are busy busting meth labs :p

5. hopefully..cause honestly it seems like there's so many court rulings on pot legality that your countries prohibition on it almost has no standing D:

6. anyone else?

7. no need to worry about 5 plants in BC man. You'll be fine if you grow 500

8. where did that info come from? a link or something would help

9. #9 canuckle, Oct 1, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 1, 2011
    Due to the extremely high volume of grow-ops in BC, very few people get arrested, let alone convicted - this is common knowledge (I used to live in BC). I had a friend who grew 500 plants, indoor, hydro, in downtown Vancouver, and when he was busted, the police confiscated his equipment and said "don't let us catch you again without a license"

This is just anecdotal, but I can assure you that BC is the lowest risk place to grow in CND/US. 5 plant do not present even a remote possibility of jailtime.

10. that said, there is never a reason to draw attention to yourself., and yes they would need a warrant.