Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

bringing up MMJ to a relative who is against it

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by oxy Cotton, Nov 16, 2012.

1. My grandma suffers from chronic migraines and she has her whole life. her doctors have tried everything and they've been getting worse to the point where she can hardly even get out of bed. my family doesn't really think it can be used for medicine, only as a drug. any advice on how to suggest medical marijuana as an option?

2. I know what this is like because my mom is religious and sees MJ only as a drug. Its hard to change peoples ideas about things especially MJ. You can try to print out positive things about medical marijuana and put it into a folder and present it with a doctors recommendation to whoever you want to give it to.

My 2cents,

Chad

3. What does grandma think about it? Or is she against too?

4. Chronic Migraine Headache: five cases successfully treated with Marinol and/or illicit cannabis. (abst- 1991) Chronic Migraine Headache: Marijuana

Cannabis for Migraine Treatment: Once and Future Treatment? An historical and scientific review (full - 1998)
    http://www.druglibrary.org/crl/pain/Russo 98 Migraine_ Pain.pdf

Hemp for Headache : An In-Depth Historical and Scientific Review of Cannabis in Migraine Treatment (full - 2001) http://www.drugpolicy.org/docUploads/hemp_for_headache.pdf

Clinical Endocannabinoid Deficiency (full - 2004)
    Clinical Endocannabinoid Deficiency (CECD) - Russo

Cannabinoid (CB1) Receptor Activation Inhibits Trigeminovascular Neurons (full - 2006)
    Cannabinoid (CB1) Receptor Activation Inhibits Trigeminovascular Neurons

Endocannabinoids in Chronic Migraine: CSF Findings Suggest a System Failure
    (full - 2006) Neuropsychopharmacology - Endocannabinoids in Chronic Migraine: CSF Findings Suggest a System Failure

Dronabinol reduces signs and symptoms of idiopathic intracranial hypertension : a case report (abst + 1st page - 2006) (dronabinol is a synthetic THC) An Error Occurred Setting Your User Cookie

Migraine may be related to under production of cannabinoids (news - 2007)
    http://www.illinoisnorml.org/index2.php?option=com_content&do_pdf=1&id=755

Degradation of endocannabinoids in chronic migraine and medication overuse headache. (full - 2008)
    http://science.iowamedicalmarijuana.org/pdfs/migraine/Cupini et al 2008 18358734.pdf

Cluster attacks responsive to recreational cannabis and dronabinol. (abst - 2009)
    [FONT=&quot]Cluster attacks responsive to recreational cannabis... [Headache. 2009] - PubMed - NCBI[/FONT]

Up in smoke: 'Cannabis gave me my life back' (anecdotal – 2010)
    Up in smoke: 'Cannabis gave me my life back' - Features - Health & Families - The Independent

The Use of Marijuana or Synthetic Cannabinoids for the Treatment of Headache
    (1st page – 2011) The Use of Marijuana or Synthetic Cannabinoids for the Treatment of Headache - Napchan - 2011 - Headache: The Journal of Head and Face Pain - Wiley Online Library

Sorry for the overload, but only you know which ones will do the best for educating your family. :cool:

Be able to discuss vaporizers to minimize health risks. Know about tinctures and making capsules- the idea of smoking medicine is too "weird" for a lot of folks. These last two are non-migraine articles, but are great to get family thinking of cannabis a bit differently!

Marijuana May Slow Alzheimer's (news - 2006)
    [FONT=&quot]Marijuana May Slow Alzheimer's

[/FONT]Pot compound seen as tool against cancer (news – 2012) [FONT=&quot]Pot compound seen as tool against cancer - SFGate[/FONT]

And on a personal note, I used to get migraines, but I found that daily use PREVENTS THEM! :yay:! My migraines are from a childhood head trauma- another kid tried to murder me with a hammer some 62 years ago. (old news :cool:) At 19 I tried cannabis and liked it. About a year later, I noted an odd thing- I never had migraines when I had cannabis! :eek: The only time they come back is when I run out for over a few days. (I grow now! No probs!)

Cannabis has changed my life for the better! :hello:

Granny :wave:

5. A lot of older people in general have been fed so much b.s. about how evil weed is that you can almost never convince them. They never stop to think "hmm, maybe the government wants me to be compliant and weed would make me a more independent thinker." So many other agendas and conspiracies, but that's a whole other thread :)

6. The voyeur in all of us unashamedly cries out for a little bit more to the story; you offer it so off hand, perhaps it's not too painful to provide for our (my) enlightenment.
    The disconnected sociopath in me imagines that that other kid grew up to be this guy with the Santa suit from another thread threatening others who don't see the wisdom of his search for Justice behind a big rock.
    http://forum.grasscity.com/real-lif...ost-arrested-having-my-heart-right-place.html

7. I lived in Navy housing as a kid. When I was 3, another child, about 5, was putting up a pup tent in the common area. I got it though my empty head that it would be "funny" to pull out the tent stakes on one side, while he was busy on the other!

The tent wobbled like crazy, of course! He came around to the front, hammer in hand, to see what was going on! He SNAPPED and hit me repeatedly!

I still have dents in my skull from the attack. But I survived, so it's OK!

8. How difficult is it to grow?

9. [quote name='"Storm Crow"']Chronic Migraine Headache: five cases successfully treated with Marinol and/or illicit cannabis. (abst- 1991) Chronic Migraine Headache: Marijuana

Cannabis for Migraine Treatment: Once and Future Treatment? An historical and scientific review (full - 1998)
    http://www.druglibrary.org/crl/pain/Russo%2098%20Migraine_%20Pain.pdf

Hemp for Headache : An In-Depth Historical and Scientific Review of Cannabis in Migraine Treatment (full - 2001) http://www.drugpolicy.org/docUploads/hemp_for_headache.pdf

Clinical Endocannabinoid Deficiency (full - 2004)
    Clinical Endocannabinoid Deficiency (CECD) - Russo

Cannabinoid (CB1) Receptor Activation Inhibits Trigeminovascular Neurons (full - 2006)
    Cannabinoid (CB1) Receptor Activation Inhibits Trigeminovascular Neurons

Endocannabinoids in Chronic Migraine: CSF Findings Suggest a System Failure
    (full - 2006) Neuropsychopharmacology - Endocannabinoids in Chronic Migraine: CSF Findings Suggest a System Failure

Dronabinol reduces signs and symptoms of idiopathic intracranial hypertension : a case report (abst + 1st page - 2006) (dronabinol is a synthetic THC) An Error Occurred Setting Your User Cookie

Migraine may be related to under production of cannabinoids (news - 2007)
    http://www.illinoisnorml.org/index2.php?option=com_content&do_pdf=1&id=755

Degradation of endocannabinoids in chronic migraine and medication overuse headache. (full - 2008)
    http://science.iowamedicalmarijuana.org/pdfs/migraine/Cupini%20et%20al%202008%2018358734.pdf

Cluster attacks responsive to recreational cannabis and dronabinol. (abst - 2009)
    Cluster attacks responsive to recreational cannabis... [Headache. 2009] - PubMed - NCBI

Up in smoke: 'Cannabis gave me my life back' (anecdotal – 2010)
    Up in smoke: 'Cannabis gave me my life back' - Features - Health & Families - The Independent

The Use of Marijuana or Synthetic Cannabinoids for the Treatment of Headache
    (1st page – 2011) The Use of Marijuana or Synthetic Cannabinoids for the Treatment of Headache - Napchan - 2011 - Headache: The Journal of Head and Face Pain - Wiley Online Library

Sorry for the overload, but only you know which ones will do the best for educating your family. :cool:

Be able to discuss vaporizers to minimize health risks. Know about tinctures and making capsules- the idea of smoking medicine is too "weird" for a lot of folks. These last two are non-migraine articles, but are great to get family thinking of cannabis a bit differently!

Marijuana May Slow Alzheimer's (news - 2006)
    Marijuana May Slow Alzheimer's

Pot compound seen as tool against cancer (news – 2012) Pot compound seen as tool against cancer - SFGate

And on a personal note, I used to get migraines, but I found that daily use PREVENTS THEM! :yay:! My migraines are from a childhood head trauma- another kid tried to murder me with a hammer some 62 years ago. (old news :cool:) At 19 I tried cannabis and liked it. About a year later, I noted an odd thing- I never had migraines when I had cannabis! :eek: The only time they come back is when I run out for over a few days. (I grow now! No probs!)

Cannabis has changed my life for the better! :hello:

Granny :wave:[/quote]

Granny we love you haha. How do you get all the info?its amazing lol

10. Try going stealth on her using her endocannabinoid system instead of MMJ. If your grandmother is as old as my mother she will have experience with Cod Liver Oil. Our bodies make endocannabinoids out of it you know.... I got my mom & stepfather taking krill oil without a fight. All the benefits of MMJ without the MMJ.

11. Go stealth and make her some edibles. Grandmas think it's cute when their grandchildren bake cookies.

12. Mick Fin's are cheating and pour form. She needs to willingly take her medicine daily to do any good for her health.

13. And rasta, in 2005 the List did not exist! :eek: It was about that time I started posting up the occasional study in answer to various MMJ related questions. Well, typing out URLs got old pretty fast! :cool: So I kept a few dozen in a word doc and printed some of the more interesting ones up.

I just kept finding new and fascinating studies over at PubMed and other sites! On my 60th birthday, July 30, 2007, I set my List free on the net! It was a while 60 pages and was first posted up here-

My birthday gift to you.... - TreatingYourself.COM Online Community

Twice each year I update my List. The January 2013 List is a work in progress standing (at the moment ) at 885 pages! I am aiming for an even 1,000!

PubMed is sure doing their part! :hello: EVERY year since 1992 (72 studies on just plain "cannabis") has shown an increase in number! This year isn't over but there are already 795 studies on cannabis and there is a pre-publication study for 2013 already! :D

The field of endocannabinoids is growing rapidly as scientists realize just how important it is! I go to PubMed and add a few more studies every couple of days. I intend to keep this up until cannabis is legal in all the US and this information becomes common knowledge! :yay:

Get your copy of my List, (bottom of my sig) and share it with your friends, politicians and doctors! Once the medical facts about cannabis become known, the need for legalization becomes obvious! :smoke:

14. honestly give her the facts and if shes still anti weed just tell her shes a fucking idiot for not accepting your help

15. start with bag seeds and find out.

16. #16 Asthmatic, Nov 20, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2012

There is a reason it is called weed. Think about it for a minute.

:D