bringing a plant inside from outside?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by genericusername, May 24, 2009.

1. Has anyone had any experience w this? I threw some seeds out by my porch while toking a few weeks back and 1 apparently made it...and is like 1 ft tall right now. Problem is its right by the porch haha so has to be moved. I have a 250w hps right now w 3 plants under it. However they arent nearly as big as the one outdoors. The ones under hps are like 6 inches tall..

I would like to pull maybe 2 and replace them w the huge one from outside..is this possible? What kind of light schedule would you use or would you keep it at 12/12 to mimic the outdoors?

Thanks!

2. bumpity bump mcbump

3. Sure, dig it up and bring it in if that's what you want to do, hell I would.
    Light schedule? just like any other weed, give it light and feed and it will
    be a weed indeed... :D

4. the main problem that I have read about when bringing one indoors is the potential for transportation of bugs into your grow room.

If you really want to, I'd inspect that thing with a magnifying glass or get something to spray it down to make sure you don't bring any pests inside

5. about the lights.. If your at the start of summer in your climate than you can throw it under 18/6 with no repercussions.. sounds like thats the case seince it's only a foot tall.. Check it for sex and if it hasn't sexed then your good. if it has you need to 12/12.. ..yeaa that's about it

6. Just as a rule of thumb I NEVER bring plants from outside inside, its the easiest way to fuck up the entire crop. It only takes one mite. Unless its some really killer stuff, i wouldn't say bring it in, especially if its just bagseed. Anyway thats my 2 cents

7. thanks for the replies!
    im def going to check it out for bugs. Im not sure if im going to bring it in or not. I just hate to toss it and i cant leave it outside where i live...decisions decisions!

8. 2nd rule of thumb, never leave plants outside to be seen when you have plants growing inside. Not unless your medical legal.

9. Ya another thing to keep in mind if you doo end up moving it in.. is how much of the outside dirt are you gonna bring in. I don't know your area but I know mine and the soil around here sucks baaallsss. But when digging it up your not gonna want to cut the roots.. so it might be tricky good luck