Grasscity - Cyber Week Sale - up to 50% Discount

Bring back the old strains dispensaries!

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by olav687, Jan 3, 2023.

1. Is anyone else really sick of these new functional strains? It's very hard to find knock out sedative strains anymore especially for Insomnia. Seems like all people care about his taste and terps but don't give shit about the high. I had to start growing the old strains myself years ago it had a bad crop this year....and would nice to have the option to buy a nice knock you out indica. What the hell is wrong with the weed market these days?

Sent from my Z5156CC using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 3
  2. In a word? Commercialization. It comes with legalization. Most people shop around for the cheapest ounce, which is the mass produced remediated boof being put out by big canna. They can afford to sell their weed cheap because they have money to spare, and know that once they put all the other growers out of business they can jack up the prices again. Quality is their last concern.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Yeah, well… all is not lost. You just have to seek out the growers that are dedicated to the craft. It true, commercially grown flower can be rushed to market just to make a quick buck. Plenty of that out there, and it usually mediocre at best.
    When you research which dispensaries you have access to look for ones that offer organically grown products. Specifically speaking, ask for flower that has been grown in “ living soils” and uses organic methods for all pesticides and herbicide treatments.
    IMO, it’s growers like this that possess the “ passion” for growing fine cannabis. Not all of us are in it just for the largest ROI.
    Trust me, I am surrounded by big corp cannabis outfits who peddle their bland, over dried, tasteless bud at cheaper prices, and they do just fine. But folks come to my place for the obvious difference in quality, and are blown away by the bag appeal of our flower, and don’t mind paying a premium for it.
    Quality flower is out there, you just have to seek it out!
    Good luck!:thumbsup:

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 4
  4. Thank God for people like you still keeping qualtity alive. Do u live in southern Oregon?

5. So messed up! They completely messed up the legal market!

6. Anybody know what seed companies have the old knockout purple Kush? It's really hard to find. I grew it from ILGM and it really sucks not even close to the purple Kush I remember in the mid 2000s.

• Like Like x 1
  8. @olav687
    Not sure how my post got all jacked up:rolleyes:

9. Dispensaries are worthless.

Sativa- weed that was harvested 2-5 weeks before it would have been properly mature.
    Indica- weed that was harvested 1-2 weeks before it would have been properly mature.

Everyone running on a time line and only concerned about getting their trash to market and their vegging plants into the flower room.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Yeah, I hate those guys!;)

• Like Like x 1
  11. Yup explains when I look at their buds under the microscope I see lots of clear and no amber trichromes. Pisses me off beyond belief. And than lots of them love to use an electric bud trimmer that knocks most of the heads off. Well at least I got few good plants this year especially my Shiva skunk it's super stoney and puts me to sleep. But not gonna last much longer. Word advice everyone stay away from ILGM! Their weed is weak as hell. Phenos are not stable at all.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Love Oregon just hate their dispensary weed and all the weird new strains that either feel like crack or barely feel anything at all. Go back 10 years the weed here was probably awesome. It's a real shame what these dicks did to it.

13. This was my west coast dispensary experience as well. Almost didnt even seem like THC.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Yeah the poor trimming doesnt bother me nearly as much as the early harvesting thing though. Early harvested buds look the "frostiest". Yet another reason for them to cut as soon as they can- looks sell. The crazy thing is that when dried properly over a long period of time, the trichs will continue to mature and amber which means if your not seeing amber and it was dried correctly, they harvested it unbelievably early. I think there are two man types of smokers; those who want to "get high" and those who want to "feel better/good". The people just wanting to get high are fucking it up for those of us who can use it responsibly.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Yeah, I see both of these types of clients. We cater to both, I’ve got the full spectrum, terp laden classics, as well as just plain hit you between the eyes, “ high AF” flower. We sell a boatload of both honestly.

• Like Like x 1
  16. As Coot would say. If you want a good tomato, grow your own. Same goes for weed. Or find someone like JMcGD that still has integrity.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  17. Aww shucks…
    Thanks Tim!:rolleyes:

• Like Like x 2
  18. As a cannasseur I agree. The Classics( GSC, OG Kush, Skunk, and others are so played out and watered down that the genetics suck! I'm lucky to be in Cali and find Legendary Strains like Mendo, Romulan, Trainwreck, Cali-O, Haze, Blue Dream, and a few others. :eek:). They may not taste like dessert strains, but they don't taste like sucking gas thru a hose, and they deliver on the BUZZ! Peace.

19. you know that there could be a market for pure strains. Most of what I see is from hybridization and I can't find a strain that is 100% pure Indica, which is what I need. I'm not worried about being able to function through out the day. I'm disabled and don't work or get out much. So I usually start my pain relief at the end of the day anyway.
    Now I know why people run heirloom seed companies. So the original doesn't die out and we are left with junk. So if any of you fine gentlemen can point me to someone or company that carries these strains, I would appreciate it.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Here's a strain I'll be growing outdoors this summer.
    ErdPurt x PCK (F) [LIMITED] » Ace Seeds, Seeds
    It's not a high THC strain. I just noticed NASC is out of stock. I already purchased my seeds so maybe the ErdPurt (F) from ACE seeds. Same site.