breeding two feminized strains?

Discussion in 'Cannabis Breeding' started by wannabreed, Oct 28, 2021.

1. Hi Guys,

I have been growing for a few years now and found some strains I really like and would like to combine with each other.

How does this work?

I have tried finding something on the internet but all articles keep mentioning male plants.. the question is, how do I get one out of feminized seeds?

If I put colloidal silver on the feminized flowering plant in order to make it produce pollen sacks and pollen I can then collect.. do they also produce seeds? I read that seeds from hermies are always feminized except they come in contact with male plants.. but I have no mails and if I took a strain I could get as a male version, how would I know if the male plant has the traits of the female plant?

I am very confused and would be very happy if anybody could shed some light on the issue or point me to the direction in which I can find the light.

For example I would like to cross the Royal Cheese Plant I have (feminized only) into all the other strains I have (also feminized only) how can I go about it without polluting the genetics by bringing in a third random male plant?

Is there maybe a way to reconvert a feminized plant into its original dioecious (or so? two-sex-variant) form?

Also I would like to produce seeds of my feminized plants because I find that growing from clones the plants are a bit weaker.. so it would be cool to be able to do this too.

2. #2 Vee, Oct 28, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Take 2 fems put them in a tent. Spray one with tiresias mist. Once seed sacs form increase air movement. That hermie female will pollinated both plants. Take seeds from both. Put both in a tent. This time use tiresias mist on the other plant the hybrid of both. Keep doing this several times until you get a good mix of the effects you're looking for

• Like Like x 2
  4. CS to make a limb turn male, take that and put on the other plant.
    Do the same for both plants.

• Like Like x 1