Breaking: Obama orders plug pulled on 70,000+ blogs

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Sir Elliot, Jul 17, 2010.

1. #41 chiefton8, Jul 18, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 18, 2010
    This below is factual information?

MasterOfPuppets called you out on this several time yet you ignored it in every response. You're credibility plummets with every post. It's sad really.

But let me get this straight: you're complaining that the government is stopping people from stealing copyrighted information? I thought you believed one should work for their keep rather than steal it. If you provided a commodity, then I have the right to steal it? Yes or no? And if I did manage to steal said commodity, then the government shouldn't do anything about it?

2. So SirElliot explain to us puppets of the liberal agenda how Obama caused the BP oil spill

3. dude, we already have a bunch of people flappin their lips about garbage in this thread, Alex Jones joinin the party isn't going to help make it better :wave:

since we all seem to agree that the original post is now irrelevent, how 'bout them yankees?

4. Would I say I support the closing of blogs by the US government? No. Would I say the movie industry (I'm a proud member, writer actually) is hurting? Not really. Would I say the record labels are strapped? No.

All the issues modern entertainment has is their own. A genuine refusal to adapt to new technology and the belief that the same MO for the past four decades will still be relevant in the age of YouTube and Twitter is downright foolish.

Netflix isn't hurting.

Blockbuster is.

Netflix has adapted to the way the modern audience wants its movies (streaming).

Blockbuster was a day late and dollar short.

Most these companies are owned by private equity firms and operated by accountants in suits on the fortieth floor. They don't know a frakking thing about entertainment and most certainly not adapting to new media. Remember the writer's strike? That was over a penny.

The entertainment and record industries are trying to use the same formula for a different audience. What's the definition of insanity? Doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result. Audiences of 2010 are not the same as 2000, nor are they the same as 1990. In order to survive, you must adapt.

That being said...

...if they were illegal movie sites, they should be shut down. Piracy doesn't hurt NBC or Warner Music. It hurts the writers, the artists, the musicians. I haven't looked at the contract in awhile but for every digital download of a Hollywood film we've written, we get .01$ for it. Times a million downloads...we made $10,000. Great. I can afford to pay for a semester of college for my kids.

5. I rather download legit torrent from original company/user instead of downloading unknown user that uploads it; claims it as themselves or other artist. When I dowloaded infected mushroom extacy; A lot of people say it's actually claim by Scooter. It happened to others and I many times. It takes a lot of time to research to find the song that's created by an actual artist. Plus, it creates too much confusion and will draw a lot of 'law suits.' That being said, torrents should be legal and allow donate to that user owner or sell it for cheap. You do make more money through that way other than banning torrents and trying sell it over Itunes.

Artist don't need the publish company to release their products. It's a scam. Ever heard Tina and her music that became successful without the publish company? By the way, If you were smart about it, you are better off going to local shows, perform at the malls, streets, etc than you do selling as mp3. Because people actually has to go to your show and listen to it, (well listening live is obviously a lot better then over youtube, mp3, any kind of files that's being stored.)

Remember the number one rule, once it goes on the web, it stays in web. ;) In other context, it will always be free, no matter what you think unless you're selling an actual psychical product. The majority of customers rather try/listen to the product before buying. Good thing we got youtube! :p

back to your statement, I totally agree. However, companies that getting help from the gov can't start banning everything to nothing and make you buy their over price products such as RIAA/MPAA. They are very greedy and it has no benefit/profits to artist/writers. Btw, there is no such thing as 'lost sales.' It's another ponzi scheme to take your money. This being a reason that I'm proposing a solution; allowing people to donate as much they wish to be, no restriction about it. Certain people willing donate 50 dollars for an album that they truly love while others rather donate for a dollar. It's better than nothing, right? I would gladly donate 50 dollars to the band called Tool.

/rambling

(sorry about my limited vocabulary.)

6. Yeah probably, apparently Alex Jones put out a special broadcast to his listeners asking to google search "The Obama Deception" over and over again so it will get to #1 in the google trends.
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nl4GNc2gycQ&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube - How to Make "The Obama Deception" Number 1 on U.S. Google/Yahoo Trends[/ame]
    hours ago,

the YouTube channel that had the movie was hacked and the movie deleted. Now it will be very difficult for new people to watch it obviously.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AgUpFzJ5P6A&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube - Obama Deception Hacked![/ame]

7. Yes! Good for them..getting that off of the airwaves.

8. if you get deceived by any of this socio-political bullshit they spew out in the media, you're a dumbass. Everything is a smokescreen in Government. That is just the nature of the beast.

It applies in any power structure from McDonalds to the White House.:eek:

9. Ironic...This site is mostly full of pot heads which is illegal, yet smoking it never killed anyone. Pirating movies is illegal, downloading a movie never killed anyone...Am I missing something?

10. Yeah, well streaming sucks anyways...(at least for large videos like whole tv shows or movies). They'll never shutdown bittorrent. its not stealing its sharing :D. Besides, the price they charge to see a movie now a days, the movie studios might as well be stealing from us.

I use BT all the time, and they will never shut that down because 99.9% of all BT trackers are located in other countries where they can't do shit about it. Sometimes though, they do get studio employees to join a BT swarm and log your IP then find out who you are. I guess a bunch of people that downloaded "the hurt locker" got sued... haha. for what $20? the price of the dvd?, would cost them more in legal fees. but there are also ways around that. just my $.02

11. I don't like Obama being lord of the internet. Full stop. Bad road to head down, very incredibly bad etc etc, nod head in agreement etc etc.

But...

Sir Elliot, please do explain how Obama caused the oil spill?

:p

12. gotchya..

i thought that was a bit extravagant even for one of our fancy, wealthy presidents, which is why i questioned it.

13. Where I come from posts like this are called propaganda, not actual facts or truth here.

14. I hope your joking Sir Elliot...

15. Yay censorship! :rolleyes:

16. The weird thing about Hurt Locker..for me at least, is that I torrented it and watched it a full 6 months before it came out in theaters...

In most of these cases...he is not..at least from what I can tell.

Well...censorship in some places is actually good....

17. I don't know how to spell this certain sound I wanna make, but imagine the sound of a buzzer sounded when you get an answer wrong. One bit of censorship softens the minds of a generation, then they censor something else when they grow old and in office, and so on. Freedom of expression

18. I think censorship was the wrong word used in the very beginning. It's not censorship to stop copy right infringement.

19. Its actually the law to stop infringement.

20. You are. Nobody made the claim about anybody being killed by anything, pot nor movies. An action doesn't have to kill people in order to be illegal. In this case nobody is being killed, but intellectual property IS being stolen. Theft is theft is theft. Whether it's stealing some bud from somebody or stealing a movie or song, it's still stealing as far as the law is concerned.