Breaking news!!

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by 12oad, Apr 12, 2013.

1. I copy and pasted some stuff and I have links here for anyone who would like to take action. Please if you support it, I urge you to take 2 minutes out of your time to have your voice heard!!! —— ATTENTION NORTH CAROLINA TOKERS!!! WE have another shot! Please I can't stress more to email these guys and let our voices be heard!!! Also subscribe to MPP.org for the latest news of marijuana policy's!

image-194617363.jpg

Thanks all.. And happy smoking! Ps: Uploaded from mobile devices forgive me if I made any errors. --- Sources; http://control.mpp.org/site/MessageViewer?em_id=66041.0&dlv_id=60281. - http://control.mpp.org/site/MessageViewer?em_id=66061.0&dlv_id=60262. -------------- ---Dear Supporter:

There is big news in the halls of Congress! A new bipartisan bill would modify the federal Controlled Substances Act so that anyone acting in compliance with a state marijuana law would be immune from federal prosecution.

2. #2 jduce2412, Apr 12, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 12, 2013
    have you ever called or emailed your rep asking them if they support MMJ? I have been signing petitions and emailing and calling since I have lived in this state, and the responses from government officials are sickening. This is the stereotypical response from NC law makers

North Carolina Lawmakers Kill Medical Marijuana Bill After It Receives Annoying Level Of Support

I am not saying I am giving up, I just am saying don't get a false sense of belief that something is actually going to happen. "but do not trust to hope, it is forsaken in these lands" -Eomer

3. Yes I have since day one! Yea I seen this. But the marijuana policy news later (correct me if I'm wrong) I believe it says our legislatures are re looking at the bill and I believe decriminalizing marijuana for possession less than an ounce. So just that itself is a huge step for us... I live in Matthews NC and I just wish there's a way we can all meet up and protest or something.

4. #4 jduce2412, Apr 12, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 12, 2013
    there is! people do it all the time! Marijuana is already the lowest classification of substance, and it's a 200$ fine if you have a half ounce or less and that's it (according to NORML). I think the way to legalization is through voting in the primaries or through a federal bill (house res 499 if it's still on the table)....We can't really change anything with the current people in office because they have made it abundantly clear that they do not want to listen to to their constituents (even though studies show upwards of 58% of NC residents support MMJ legalization at the very least)...Need to vote in the people that share our views.

Edit: Bump for this though because more people in NC need to assume more of an activist role. That probably could be said for most of the USA though. I hope this draws awareness.

5. True.. All we can do is just keep emailing and calling. Don't harass them and keep it legit. We are not drug addicts right? Lol anyways thanks for checking out my thread. I thought NOBODY would ever post on it after I posted it up waiting for my dentist appointment. NC TOKERS need to see this or at least the new news about t. All I'm trying to do is spread the word. Do the same if you can guys if anyone is reading this. Happy smoking!

6. in NC it's "decriminalized" and not decriminalized. A lot assume it's like a traffic ticket but it's still a misdemeanor here.

You won't get arrested for less than 1/2 an oz ... but it's not "just a fine and that's it."

That's what irritates me about a lot of my friends -- "I'mma hotbox because it's decriminalized here."

The east coast is still lagging far behind the west coast.

7. True... My friend got pullover recently and he had some bud in the car. Cop got him and just took the bud and left. I guess he's lucky?

8. Would have been luckier to never run into the cop in the first place, but it's better than getting put in a cage because of a plant.

9. Yea he's somewhat new.. So I guess his careless action got to him but he had luck on his side

10. Scary. When you're riding dirty in NC 9 over or less is the norm. You don't want to go the speed limit though. HWY Patrol will be on your ass if you drive 65 on i40.

Anyway, always cool to see new NC folks.
    I'll try to email about these bills, but just like the last one, the steering committee will probably shoot them down :(

11. So I just got an reply back from our senator!!! Here's what he said. Can't believe he actually replied. This is for the H637 WOOH! Progress baby progress.. Keep emailing if you haven't already. Don't sent more than 1 email don't spam them lol

image-2842819104.jpg