breaking news: Intelligent ET life has been discovered!!!

Discussion in 'General' started by weedzilla420, Oct 16, 2006.

1. ...maybe

just found a link on fark.com. it said that SETI (search for extraterrestrial intelligence) has found several signals eminating from the center of the galaxy.

not to much other than that is being said at this time. SETI is set to make a "major announcement" about this tomorrow (Tuesday) at 7am est. this should be interesting.

if there is any merrit to this it could very well be the greatest discovery in the history of mankind

2. link please

3. go to fark.com.
    the link only takes you to the seti page where it just gives the time and location where the anouncement is going to be made. no details other than that were given.

the fark.com link reads "SETI has detected several signals emanating from the center of the Galaxy. Offical announcement on Tuesday at 10AM PST"

the link is:
    http://www.spaceref.com/calendar/calendar.html?pid=4200

4. This is incredible.

I'm very excited to hear the announcement.

Do you realize the implications this will have?

I may just indeed be incredibly baked right now... but this seems really extrodinary to me.

5. This will be a huge discovery if it turns out that there is other intelligent life out there. I'll be watching this thread to see what happens. Anyone know if this "major announcement" will be aired on any news networks, like c-span or BBC or anything?

6. Life beyond on ours.

We're not alone. There is other civilization.

Suddenly, the Galaxy seems like such a more extrodinary place.

Though it's a little tragic; communication would be extremley limited if not impossible.

7. Editor's update: for all of you out there who have been waving your arms around and speculating, this is not an announcement about finding a signal from ETs, the face on Mars, or anything else. It is far more mundane. Details of the announcement were released - under press embargo - to reporters last week. A press release about the announcement will be issued on Tuesday by the SETI Institute.

Crap, I got all excited before I clicked the link too.

8. I hope its not the hitler speech from the olympics :)

9. if we ever came in contact with other beings, i would totally smoke them up.:smoking:

10. Am I the only one thinking this, Space Weed. Think of the stuff they probably grow on other planets. like super dank 100% THC

11. So anybody kno what happened with this???

12. lol...sigh, good times. taht movie is great while blazed

13. Lmao, i'll have what he's having.

14. I wonder if they have weed on other planets? Cause if they didt and found out about weed. They think weed was the greatest thing in the universe.

a plant(that can be grown for free) that has so many medical capabilites and mood enhancements that it would be dumb not to take advantage of it.

15. personally, if you think about it its not at all likely that aliens would come visit us, because what benefit of any source could they have by doing such, theres nothing to learn from us, if they can travel through space and all that kinda shit then we are worthless to them, they can learn about as much from us as we could from studying an ant, nothing of any real use except for pure entertainment information. nothing that would expand there knowledge at all

learned that there from noveau tech

16. they could just be using us all for a huge reality tv show called "earth"

17. I can see it now....

Buddy 1: This is good shit man, what is this?

Buddy 2: Yea man, where'd you get this?

Me: Thats plutonic shit man, i got it from fucking Pluto. $1,000,000 an 1/8th.... You wouldnt even believe all the trouble my dealer went through to get this...