Breaking before bed: Elana Kagan to be named to SCOTUS

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Sir Elliot, May 10, 2010.

1. Blades,

NBC: Obama to name Kagan for high court - Supreme Court- msnbc.com

NBC has been on the ball with breaking news lately, probably because it's so deeply a part of the Obama Regime.

Last few days showed her to be the odds-on favorite, but this confirms it.

Well make for an interesting nomination battle, with her facing some rather fierce opposition from certain parts of Obama's radical leftist base, and some rather moderate support from the moderate in the Senate (she is viewed as a fairly balanced choice compared to some of the radical marxists he could have put on the court).

Of course, scoring the scalp of an Obama SCOTUS nominee in the run up to November's election is an irresitable prospect for some of us... :devious:

2. I refuse the accept the legitimacy of the Supreme Court until it actually upholds the Constitution (especially when it's politically inconvenient to do so).

3. I'm happy to play the ultra-partisian card on a SCOTUS nominee, but I haven't hda my coffee yet.

My real objection to her is that she is from Harvard. Now every justice is from just 2 schools (if memory serves, harvard and yale, but I havent had my coffee)... and I don't think that's the type of diversity we need on SCOTUS.

She's probably the best we conservatives can hope for, but fuck it, we should go for a scalp anyways, because how often do you get to take down a SCOTUS nominee? And there's just enough opposition to her from the radical left that we might be able to do it.

4. I wonder if Goldman Sachs gave her a good referral for the job.

5. It's about time Goldman Sachs got their own Supreme Court Justice.

Obama's former personal lawyer left the white house to work full time for-- you guessed it-- Goldman Sachs.

Obama might as well change the name of his regime to "The Obama Regime: Brought to you by Goldman Sachs!"

I can't believe he is nominating a woman who is in Goldman Sach's pocket. How fucking incompetent and corrupt can this guy get?

6. I couldn't think of a more handsome gentleman to be admitted to the courts

7. Seriously.

[​IMG]

If I were in the business of judging books by their cover I'd say burn it.