Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Break?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Thebluelotus, Mar 25, 2010.

1. Have been smoking for 4 years now, all most on a daily basis.Doing well both in work and in life. Friends talk about giving it a break , ''just to clear your system".
    Question 1) Is it really necessary and why ?
    2) If yes , how long should it last for ?
    PS: I am baked , bear with the weird post format.

2. I recommend taking breaks every now and then.
    Even as of this moment, I'm taking a month-long break just to prove myself not addicted.
    Plus I'm broke off my ass. :p

3. I would for about 2 weeks to a month. it will help detox your body a bit and give you lower tolerance for a while.

4. It could help clear out whatever nasty shit has built up over the years. But honestly, if you only break for a month i dont think there would be a change in your health. Tolerance may be lower but not by that much. the question is, is it worth it to you?

5. avy

But then I am addicted , I am not a heavy smoker ( at least not nowadays) but I need a joint everyday after a hard day at work (btw I work in the IT industry).I can understand the tolerance level but then I don't want to get super high or something , I smoke just for that sense of serenity.
    Does it really help detox the body in any way ? Also , for a daily smoker is it difficult to give a 'break'?

6. been on a break for close to a month now...

good to take one from time to time...the longest i went once was all winter.