Brazillian Jiu Jitsu

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by devilsheep, Apr 7, 2012.

1. any of you blades do BJJ??

If so, how long have you been training, do you train gi, no-gi, or both, and who do you train under??

2. Two years no-gi predominately, training down at ATT Kendall in FL for the past seven-ish months and was up in Northern Virginia before that. Osu :)

3. I wrestled mostly, but have been dabbling with BJJ for about 3 years.

Tomorrow I start going to a gym for it, I prefer no-gi.

4. Been training for 8 years. Gi. Recently got my purple belt.

Last 4 years were spent at Fifty/50 Academy in the DC area. Haven't found a gym to join up with since I moved to Northern CA so I've been training on my own.

5. You can't find a BJJ gym in Northern CA? Look harder.

6. Ryan Hall's a savage!!

7. If I can find a place to train BJJ in the suburbs of northern MN surely people can find a gym in CA... anywhere.

8. [quote name='"JuanRing"']

You can't find a BJJ gym in Northern CA? Look harder.[/quote]

Any suggestions? I'm not willing to travel very far. I'm a 21 credit student and I have a full time job now.

Checked out Humboldt Bay when I first moved here and just wasn't impressed. First impressions are everything and they weren't very welcoming

9. I couldn't tell you specifically since I don't live there but I know your area is crawling with them just from talking to people. You should be able to find BJJ gyms in the phonebook or on the internet.

Definitely don't spend your money at a gym you don't like the feel of. It's one of those things you should go with your gut on. You want to like and trust the guys you're training submissions with.

10. Been training MMA for a year and a few months now. About to go to NAGA in two weeks.. 4-0 Amateur

11. Been practicing jiu jitsu for a couple weeks now with a buddy of mine.

It's demanding, but fun as fuck after you get the basics down and can actually roll for more than a minute or two

Still got a lot to learn though

12. Well shit would you look at that

13. Haha I didn't know about that other thread either. I don't venture into that section, because I don't enjoy the douchebaggery that goes along with sports in the minds of most men.

14. Anyone train 10th planet?

15. I've always wondered if this forum had any Joe Rogan followers so thats funny you ask about 10th planet. But Ive trained Gi at a local gym for a few months and I plan to keep going

16. Every other blade around here listens to Joe's podcast...I frequent his board as well