Brand name VS Ebay tents

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by mr4tune, Jul 18, 2010.

1. Hey everyone, :wave:

This will be my first show, and I have a few questions regarding tents I was hoping someone could help me answer.

Im looking to get something around 5x5, money and space are not really an issue.

My question is on the individual tents themselves. I have been looking at the DR150, GL145, or equivilant hydrohut, however Im wondering if there is a real difference between these brands, and the more generic ones on ebay. Seems as though there are some large size tents available for a fraction of the cost compared to brand name. Just wondering if anyone has any experience with these "generic" tents, and if there are any "poision gas" problems with these or not. All of them claim to be lightproof and nontoxic.

Id rather have a brandname tent, however if I can save $200 on the tent and throw that at something else, then even better.

It is my intention to grow a finished product that would axe out my $275/oz every 12 day relationship with "buddy". My thinking is that if I buy a 5x5, Ill have lots of room to start the round 2's as the first ones are already growing. Would I be better to buy a tent with 2 seperate areas for this purpose?

Im greener then the grass I plan on growing, but look forward to hearing your guys/gals input.

Thanks for your time...

2. Also check out Craigslist.org I have seen the name brand ones on there pretty cheap. Dont use a tent so dont know much about them.

3. Yeah I saw the ones on HTGS, those tents didnt seem to be any different than the inexpensive ones on ebay. Im pretty sure Ill be going after a 600W HPS setup, probally lumatek. I would have loved to go hydro, but baby steps right?

I found one in a buy and sell thats only $150, used 1 month (supposedly) but its the 96x48x77 one off ebay. I really like the style and setup of the growlabs, but to pay an extra couple hundred to get something smaller but newer....