Brain Neuron vs. 'Universe'

Discussion in 'Science and Nature' started by ProvidencePlant, Dec 8, 2011.

1. [​IMG]

2. The weird thing is the neuron is capable of sensing this same physical phenomena, which is what creates our awareness through neuronal expression.

3. My brain cells tend to look more like this:
    [​IMG]

4. What's also weird to think about is that brain structure was all built due to the process of gene expression and gene regulation.. makes you wonder if this process of gene expression is similar to the process of the beginning of the universe itself.

5. You should read NASA's publications on Cosmic Evolution sir.

...although you probably have already lol.

6. Sounds interesting! Got a link?

I started a thread in S+P while really high trying to explain my interpretation of how the universe evolved.. doesn't make much sense though. lol.

7. Nothing new, but awesome thread nonetheless. I love knowing that much of water and fat in my skull resembles the infinite realm of the universe; which also means that our minds have no limits; anything and everything is possible!

8. thats not on actual picture of the universe its like a rendering of a simulation they made of the observable universe

9. Nah dude we totally just handed a camera to >>>insert whatever would makethisssentencemakesenseohrightnothingeverinthehistoryofeverythingcould here<<< and asked 'em to take a picture.

10. I'm pretty sure I posted a link at someeeeeeee point, but it's gonna take me awhile of digging to find it (if it's still even up.)

Either way, I'll give you the name of the editor at least when I get back home and have the actual book in hand.

11. Maybe the universe is a huge organism and we and everything that we know of are the cells, organs, etc, of this huge being of an incomprehensible nature. This put us in the position of a cell trying to find the nature of its host. How complicated is that?

12. Good job reading I guess?

13. I once recorded an entire verse about that idea.

Then, just as with every great idea anyone has ever had....I realized.....the simpsons already did it.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GDC3u8k02c]The simpsons intro-universe - YouTube[/ame]

14. Lol, we must be cancer cells then, because we're killing everything :(