Boyfriend and I stopped smoking....now what?

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Vzsel, Sep 4, 2015.

1. Hey my blades, its been awhile [​IMG]

So the title is pretty self-explanatory... my live in boyfriend decided to stop smoking weed one day, so find a better job... we live in WA state and why they still drug test for weed is beyond me.....

We've been smoking non-stop for several years, so this is new to us... I still smoke on social occasions if we're out with friends, but I don't buy any half-o's for his sake :laughing:...anyway, we are both getting tired of our day to day routine, after we get off work.. video games, tv-shows...pretty much it.. I mean I read but thats solo..

We go walking every now again but he's getting tired of it, because we've walked all the trails in our town..

I'm just wondering what are some fun things to do or hobbies both of us could do together without getting high, because we've picked up heavily on drinking and I don't like what its becoming.. I can't stop thinking about weed though, its like EVERYWHERE.. I don't get on here much, but I mean like Facebook, Pinterest even, the streets, my work EVERYTHING i'm like reminded of it... and you know what? It fucking blows.. hard, and it pisses me off that work places are STILL drug testing for weed. Good god, but not alcohol?

Alright alright i'm getting side tracked.. I tried googling, but its just the same bullshit...

Any blades going through the same problem in a relationship and has a fun hobby together? I would like to hear it!

Note, we do not have internet.

2. I'd spend the money you save on weed on internet

3. Any time you cut out a daily part of your life it is bound to be met with a bit of resistance. If you were use to drinking a cup of coffee every time you woke up for years and years and one day stopped, you'd be craving coffee probably all day for a while, even after it was worked out of your system. Weed I've noticed, though, usually pulls on people pretty hard when they're trying to quit. Its not so much that its addictive, in my opinion, but more that its very enjoyable. It adds chemicals to your body that your body enjoys having and therefore does not have to deal with as much stress, enjoys the little things more, and generally just makes things easier all together. Kind of like caffeine when you first wake up. Weed when you get home from work just works. That being said, don't feel weird about thinking about it constantly. I've been clean for months and still think about it every day. The heart and head wants what the heart and head wants.

My advice for you is to try something new. My husband and I don't smoke because he's in the Navy and can't, and therefore I try to keep it as light as possible so he doesn't get in trouble if I somehow get caught, or possibly get it in his system by accident and fail a drug test which they do routinely. We've been looking at taking up a number of hobbies and other things to keep ourselves busy. New video games, art, music, woodworking, baseball, etc. Just get out there and think of something new to try! ^^

And I agree. Why the hell are they drug testing for weed in WA?... Do they at least give people with medical cards breaks if they piss hot?

4. Why would you quit weed,then start drinking heavy!
    Makes no sense to me

5. I used to really fiend for weed, but as I've gotten older it has taken a lesser role in my life. My wife rarely ever smokes, and when I do it's a couple of hits, and I'm there...but a glass of wine or an icy cold beer never goes out of style....

We love outdoor activities like camping or boating...both of which require a lot of prep work, try something like that.....

6. Mary Jane a medicine, that alcy not going to take its place and be a good thing...

7. Stress relief. One must find better ways of coping with anxiety than using substances. I've also had a lot of trouble with this. I use to drink heavily after quitting smoking because it was easier to get by when you aren't sober. That is, until I realized how damn unhealthy drinking that much is for the body. You'll get there. Just have to be strong and not drink as a replacement for smoking.

8. This. You're developing a dangerous habit by drinking so much.

I can't count how many times I've almost died by getting drunk all the time. Where I live it's considered trashy.

Then one day you don't realize you're drunk because you can't feel it, and you get behind the wheel.... Bad things happen.

9. Problem solver 100%

10. My sister and her boyfriend were in that situation..lol. They'd just play games all day. After they got pregnant it changed though. I'm not suggesting having a baby haha. But maybe a pet will entertain you both? Daily dog walks, dog park, etc. And well if you already have a pet, sight seeing is the only thing I can suggest. I'm sure there's tons of things you two could do together. Long car drives are always fun for me!
    Well anyways, I hope you two figure it all out.
    Cheers

11. We can't have pets where we live...:/ we're already hiding my old cat lol

&& to the people who are saying 'why would you give up weed for drinking??' Uhm, because my boyfriend is trying to find a better job that pays like 15$ an hour...and of course there will be drug testing.. trust me, I don't like it either.. i'm trying not to drink as much but its so hard when you have a bullshit job, with a bullshit store director that constantly puts you down..

Anyway thank you guys for all your tips! We're trying to look into internet, but the last time we looked in it about two years ago we couldn't get it where we lived (we live out in the middle of nowhere, I don't even get cell service where we live :/)

we did try bike riding today, and that was pretty fun..much better then running/walking in my opinion..

&& I guess its good to have a clear level headed mind all the time.. I definitely see the difference on my performance in my life.. i'm not that lazy anymore which is good.

Well smoke one for me blades [​IMG]

12. You guys don't just enjoy each other's presence and what not? Why don't you guys go on a random trip somewhere or something. I do that with friends. Maybe, it'll be enjoyable to you too, but it might not. We're just 20 somethings trying to be happy and stuff.

13. find a better bf

14. Sounds like the town you guy's live in is a little depressing, Which in turn can make people drink heavily. Move somewhere legal is probably your best option and on the plus you guy's will have internet, Weed, Better job ect.

15. Why would you try to avoid smoking cannabis by getting on a forum all about cannabis???

16. #17 Zebra, Sep 5, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 5, 2015
    For the same reason I come to this forum about cannabis. Because we like cannabis, and need good advice. Smoke or no, its nice to think about and indulge, at least mentally, that sweet herb that we enjoy so. And getting help from like-minded people is great for getting weight off of the shoulders. Since joining this community I've learned more about weed than I had after smoking it for three years. Mostly growing. For me, it makes me want to smoke but that only pushes me to find a better position for myself so that I can smoke. I look forward to it, not lament that I don't have it. It doesn't push me to smoke anyway when I've said that I can't. Hopefully the OP can find a way to use this as well.

As for the drinking, like I said, stress relief. I know all too well the place you're in, honey. I've been there for years before myself. You may want to look into satellite internet. Its designed for people who are way out of the way and need service. Could also get TV with it. Just hope it doesn't rain or get too cloudy out there too often. Definitely look for a better job and hold on tight to this one until you find it. Back in the days I was working in fast food or retail dealing with the same bullshit store dictator-- I mean director, type and sometimes even corporate cronies (who are much, much worse), I've learned that its important to remember just how much better you are than that. You can let them put their misery onto you so that you spread it around to others or bottle it all up inside or even into that empty bottle of Jack, or you can rise above it and let it motivate you to get out from under that pressure. In fact, I got out of it by trying to join the Army. Trust me, its not worth sticking with. If you really wanted to find something better, then you absolutely can. Just have to take the effort, which I'm sure you're already doing. Just saying, there's no inappropriate amount of effort other than not enough. If you ever have any questions about job hunting or interviews, please hit me up. I can help.

17. my comment was for the OP of the thread. Not you

18. #19 Zebra, Sep 5, 2015
    Is this not a discussion forum? If you would like to tell the OP something privately that only she can see and reply to that nobody else may comment on or read, then I suggest you PM her. No need to get wound up in a knot over something simple as this. Perhaps I commented because I felt your post was unnecessary and frankly, a little rude. Why she is here is obvious. We are all on this site for the same reason. We like cannabis. ^^ So take a hit and be mellow.

I will say no more. I do not want to be responsible for derailing the thread.

19. #20 killset, Sep 5, 2015
    ummmm ya its a forum. But I have no idea how you could possibly think my question was towards you. Its not you're thread. If I had a question for you I would ask you directly or go to a thread of yours. My post wasn't rude at all. I asked a question because I was curious. Man you're vain.....lol