Grasscity - Cyber Week Sale - up to 50% Discount

Boycotting

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by cookieman83, Aug 1, 2008.

1. I think this can be the answer to all of our marijuana problems. Boycotting can be a powerful tool to fight these politicians and corporations that are behind this "evil" image that they keep giving to marijuana.

Think about it, there countless marches/legal fights that have happened, yet we are still fighting for them to loosen up the laws. Legalization seems to be so far down the road.

There are so many marijuana smokers nationwide and if we all publicly boycott corporations and certain industries(like tobacco) it would definitely hurt their pockets which is very unacceptable to this money hungry beasts. Yes, they ultimately control the legislations but WE can control how much they profit. There is no reason why we cant fight them in both fronts, in the courthouses and on their profit pipeline, no?.

Thoughts?.

2. Yeah, its a good idea. In theory its pretty flawless but id like to see thousands of nicotine craving stoners boycott the tobacco companies for more than a few days.
    History does show boycotting to be effective, organisation is important though, and its hard to organise things like that to be huge because mainstream media aint gonna show a whole lotta pro marijuana stuff cos the nazis in charge wont like that.
    But Im sure even through GC and other pro pot sites boycotts and such could be organised,
    wow i like to ramble without thinking a lot.:D

3. Greetings,

It's a good plan and all, except for the fact that boycotts in our modern consumer-driven world seem really ineffective.

I mean, i think we should focus more on educating people about HOW capitalism works, how you vote with your money. I think we need to INFORM consumers, not persuade them.

You can only be responsible for your own consuming trends and habits.

That's the way I look at it. I have no interest in coercing others to do as I do.

Yours Truly,
    Sam_Spade

4. all of the smokers should just publically light up in Washington DC to show that we are boycotting the unfair laws against marijuana. they cant arrest all of us right?