Boy Scouts

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Jet Li, Nov 20, 2011.

1. Hey guys, was/is anyone else here a boyscout when they were younger? If so post what troop and where out of, and bonus points for smoking stories in boyscouts.
    I'm an eagle scout out of troop 421. I remember staffing at this local camp called Camp Emerson. One/twice a week me and a couple friends would sneak into this empty caning and completely hotbox it :D good times.
    Well feel free to share your stories/experiences.

2. Years and years ago...our family's moves led to my brother & I being in 3 different troops between us: #1034 (Birmingham, MI--I was only there for a couple of meetings while my older bro was in it for 3 years), #69 (Manlius, NY--where my bro & I both became Eagle Scouts) & #50 (Devon, PA--my last troop before I graduated HS).

Here's the OA pocket flap we both wore...notice what the two guys are doing!Nischa Nitis #410 S1 Flap Hiawatha Council griesmyer oa flap oa flaps first flap oa images

When I went to Philmont, the patch-collectors were offering big$$ for that patch, as it was restricted (we only got 2, because they took such a long time to make)

While at Philmont, the staff at one camp must've been doing something...one of 'em climbed up the tower over the water well & spun around on the windmill's wheel while screaming at the top of his lungs! (We thought it might have been the altitude....or...)

Great times!

3. Aren't boy scouts suppose to be goody goody children, the ones so againist drugs and basically anything deemed bad.

Fuck I knew this one kid, snitched on me for having a 26er of wisers in my bag. Hated that rat.

4. I'm an Eagle Scout. I went to national jamboree when I was 15 that was probably the best part about it. I don't really go around telling people this though haha most view it as quite lame.

5. [quote name='"chreeschan"']I'm an Eagle Scout. I went to national jamboree when I was 15 that was probably the best part about it. I don't really go around telling people this though haha most view it as quite lame.[/quote]

Yeah it's a shame how "frowned" upon being in boyscouts is even though we do tons of cool shit.

6. Dude it was the shit going rock climbing and camping all the damn time when I was like 11-14 I was all about it. All my boys were in the troop so it was just hanging out with good friends around camp fires and good food and cool places in nature. Good times, got me reminising an shit now haha

7. ... and then I got high :smoking:

8. Indeed. We went whitewater rafting and rock climbing in West Virginia on our way back. On our way there we stopped at Gettysburg and the landmarks in D.C. which I had seen before but still was pretty cool. I actually just took out my patches I got from that jamboree and looked at them, I got some pretty cool ones.

9. [quote name='"Dark Blue Dank"']Dude it was the shit going rock climbing and camping all the damn time when I was like 11-14 I was all about it. All my boys were in the troop so it was just hanging out with good friends around camp fires and good food and cool places in nature. Good times, got me reminising an shit now haha[/quote]

Boyscouts is actually what got my into smoking. One camp my SPL brought his stash and took me and smoked me out. Still remember where it was and all that shit. Haha good times.

10. I never did it. I just wandered around the woods on my own accord.

11. [quote name='"chreeschan"']
    Indeed. We went whitewater rafting and rock climbing in West Virginia on our way back. On our way there we stopped at Gettysburg and the landmarks in D.C. which I had seen before but still was pretty cool. I actually just took out my patches I got from that jamboree and looked at them, I got some pretty cool ones.[/quote]

That's pretty cool my dude. I've gone WWR and Rock climbing tons of times and have loved it. Also, this year I'm going to NOAC. (national order of the arrow confence) It's like a jamboree, except with OA kids. Im really looking toward towardsnit.

12. I'm an eagle scout from troop 227. I never understood why it's frowned upon, scouting is the shit when you're 13 or 14 years old. Some of my best memories are of running around in the woods with my friends, whitewater rafting, and hiking in the mountains. I also went to the national jamboree in DC back in 2005. Everything was cool until this troop next to us from Alaska had an accident while setting up one of their tents. Three or four of their leaders were setting up a tent, and one of tent poles touched a low power line and electrocuted them. They all died right in front the scouts man it was fucked up.

13. is it true that all boy scouts have been molested?

14. [quote name='"SmokeyH"']is it true that all boy scouts have been molested?[/quote]

Not even remotely close, sorry to crush your hopes.

15. Yo I remember that I have a patch from that troop. It was pretty sad, I remember it happened like the 1st day.

16. lol you thinking about becoming a leader?

17. not after homeboy told me the stats were low :smoke::p

18. yeah i got one too. we met a few of them before it happened while we were walking around DC. i remember hearing that one of the kids we talked to was the son of one of the guys who died that day. idk if it's true but i hope not

19. I was a boyscout for 3 years, and we went to a snowboarding one year and stayed the night at the lodge, and when everyone went to sleep, we climbed the slope, and smoked a bowl and snowboarded for like 40 minutes. Also we would always mess with the younger scouts shit, and we brought girls back to our camp twice. Back in the day, me and my two other friends were forced into scouts, it wasn't all bad, but we were/aren't your normal scouts per say. Good days! I ended quitting and got a job