Box Grow: LED + Organics

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by supbrosup, Jul 11, 2013.

1. Today I completed my setup using a 135w UFO led. My organic mix consists of a base organic compost by happigro, peat moss, vermiculite and perlite, ewc, humate, and blood meal. The soil pH is a perfect 7 but I have lime available just in case :). Everything is looking to be pretty good as of now except for a few minor things. I plan on mounting all cords, getting a osculating fan that will fit inside the grow box(for now there's a 12in one outside and a 6in regular fan inside), and of course adding filters when necessary. My concerns are ventilation. The boxes doors arent light sealed and have a quarter inch gap at the bottom of the door which can be fixed by a weather seal but then I won't be getting fresh co2 to the plants. I don't have the money to invest into a circle saw to cut holes for ventilation so I was thinking keep my closet door closed during lights out and light seal the closet door instead so the girls have more room to breath. Will this work until proper ventilation is installed? I also was curious how far to keep my led from the new sprout when she arrives? Right now it is about 18-20 inches away from the top of the soil. I know these LEDs are intense and I don't want to kill right off the bat lol.. Any input is greatly appreciated!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Attached Files:

2. i would lower it to about 10 to 12 inches that seems a little high and you dont want to cause stretching. What strain will you be running and how many plants thats a nice sized cab

3. How's it going? Thanks for the response! I lowered it and its sitting 12" above the soil now. Its a decent size for two but my other seed is somewhere else... Both bag seed ones most likely reggae the other is some headband ;) yum! My friend told me seeds you find in bud are hermi is this true? Also ventilation is for sure an issue with the cabinet and closet closed it reached 88! No air circulation at all with that run though. With a closed room and open closet / cabinet I sit at 55 humidity and 76 degrees. But I cant keep it open through the night.. Maybe the night time temps will be fine especially when I have fans running(closed closet open cabinet ) but still concerned with co2 availability. Will report back soon :)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Grasscity Forum mobile app