Bowls Get Me Higher

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by dew2, Aug 2, 2010.

1. I know there are a lot of threads deciding which method is best, but this is more of a question. I love smoking blunts and joints, but it seems like they either completely fuck me up (which hasn't happened for a long time) or I just simply don;t get high off it. It seems like with bowls I ALWAYS get high off it. A bowl of .3 will go farther than a joint or blunt with .7. Maybe it's because I rarely smoke joints or blunts by myself, but I have and it does nothing. So why does this happen and why do people like blunts and joints more when they are wasteful?

2. I feel the same way man

3. All the that weed wasted:(

4. No one disputes that blunts and joints are more wasteful that say vaping or bong rips. Its a fact. But some people don't mind using the extra weed. Not everyones number one priority is to conserve weed. Maybe they enjoy joints or blunts more. It's really just personal preferance. I love bustin out a joint or a blunt sometimes with some buddies. I know its a bit wasteful but its fun for me and my friends and thats worth it to me.

5. i cant get enough of smoking blunts or bowls. theyre both equal to me. so its a hard decision sometimes. solution? roll a blunt, and halfway down stick it in the bong :)

6. i smoke joints on a regular basis i find its a real chill way to get thc in your system but i recently bought a spoon pipe and it is harsh, yes but it gives me a different high and i use alot less bud, but i hate using it now lol..after a while longer of Js i might switch it up again :D

7. i was thinking of cutting down to joints. When i started smoking i went straight to a headshop and bought a pipe. a year later i smoke a joint for the first time, and i loved it! after that i had been smoking mostly the pipe still, id have just a few joints with friends or a blunt with my girl, and i got baked every time! When i smoked a joint i was DONE, i could sit for hours and just be at peace. And we all know i was fantastic after smoking blunts.

I guess what im trying to say is that, i smoke so much with a pipe now that im using alot of weed to get high. All i want is to just get high, and it just takes one joint. A pipe is for groups of people, a party, ofcourse joints are too.

8. Good parts about smoking joints/blunts: the roach, easy to smoke, good for groups

9. I'm already high so hear me out.

I've thought about the difference between smoking carb'd tools such as pipes/bubblers/bongs and non-carb'd methods like a blunt and a bong and here is what I've noticed.

If you were to smoke the same amount of weed in a bong as you would a joint, they both get you just as high as you would if you did using another method.

Think about it this way, when you smoke a 1 gram joint, you are constantly puffing on it (unless you wanna just let it burn out). Since you are puffing on it and not really taking gigantic single hits like you would a bong, the high rises slowly and more steadily like a long, slopey hill.

But if you were to smoke a gram in bowls, you tend to take more than puffs. You take massive hits through a bong, milking the shit out of it and capturing all the smoke into your lungs. These hits are essentially like taking giant leaps up the hill as opposed to it calmly rising. Plus in addition to all that smoke in the lungs, there isn't a lot of room for oxygen, therefore sending your brain a signal that its starting to show signs of oxygen deprivation.

So that is my theory on how people think that bowls get them higher than joints.

10. Im a glass man for sure. I love a good piece to smoke out of...I feel like joints and even blunts some times arent as smooth, nice or get you as high. Plus when people roll skinny blunts, its just a bitch

11. The joint also burns when you're holding your hit.

You can put it out in a bong/bowl so all the smoke goes in your lungs.

12. #12 tgr, Aug 3, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 3, 2010
    no everyone here saying joints waste is wrong. blunts and jpoints are more efficinet than bongs and bowls pretty much eveything besides vapes here is the study that shows this
    MAPS - Volume 6 Number 3 Summer 1996 -
    sooo yeah.

13. no. the thc sticks to glass and there is also sidestream when you smoke a bowl or bong. joints are more efficient because you smoke the paper which the thc sticks too. but you cannot smoke glass. also the cherry on a big bowl acts as a vape for the weed next to itso alot of the thc in a bowl is vaped away. joints asre the most efficient.
    bongs getting you higher are a common fallacy/misconception

14. im disupting right now and im being backed by the study

its not wasted

your right but thats not why your right

15. your study shows nothing. It shows you get less tar and other shit with a joint instead of a bowl or bong, at least thats what I got out of it from a quick skim. That has nothing to do with wasting the THC while smoking.

16. Fuck a blunt real *****s smoke bowls.

17. nope, it shows that joints are more efficient than amy other method of smoking

fuck a cannabis real *****s smoke crack:rolleyes:

sarcasm

18. Im a glass person most preferably a bong

19. did you even read your own linked study? It talks about tars levels and shit. Not about how much THC intake there is between all the smoking/vaping methods?? Show me where in that link it says you get higher smoking a joint then smoking a bong? I'll wait

20. #20 tgr, Aug 3, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 3, 2010
    easy. read the second to last paragraph. ill wait