Bowling for Columbine

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by ViCA, May 21, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

1. while its meerly opinion, i have no clue how you came to this conclusion...michael moore is doing GOOD things. osama...BAAAAD. michael...GOOD. yeah.

analog, that is very interesting. good detective work. i applaude. wouldn\'t have known...

2. Good movie, but way too much bullshit...

how can they call something a documentary if half the stuff in it is made up??

3. What \"good\" things is Moore doing? Stating his opinion? His opinion sounds pretty shitty to me. Hes pretending to do good things, by pointing out the bad things, but is he gonna do a fuckign think about it? Probably not. Just make his movies and his money.

4. Please tell me you\'re joking about wanting to kill all the black people. Maybe you didn\'t mean it that way, but it sounded very racist.

By the way, the NRA was formed the same year the KKK became an illegal terrorist organization, not the year it \"died.\" (It\'s still around.) I guess my point is that while the NRA pisses me off sometimes, they have nothing to do with the KKK.

5. michael moore\'s a smart guy with the right idea. i really do agree with him about almost every point he makes in stupid white men. the only problem i have with him is that he\'s so passionate about his beliefs that he\'s willing to distort facts a little bit to make other people believe them too.

6. I encourage everyone to buy Michael Moore\'s books Stupid White Men & Dude, Where\'s My Country? They\'re both good reads.

That said, Bowling for Columbine was partially fiction, and Michael Moore often has his head up his ass.

EXAMPLE: He says that we have more gun deaths than Canada, even though Canada has lots of guns. (This is true.) So he concludes that guns must not be responsible for Americans killing each other. (Also true.) BUT then he gets Target to stop selling ammunition, he goes to Heston\'s house w/ a picture of a girl killed w/ a gun, he goes into a bank to get a gun (this was staged, by the way) and asks, \"Don\'t you think it\'s dangerous to hand out guns in a bank?\"

C\'mon, mike, make up your damn mind! And don\'t just ASK us questions, ANSWER a few of \'em!

7. Great movie, marilyn manson rocks!

8. okay then, ignore the films, read the books !

9. heh.. my main teacher worships michael moore. we even saw that movie in class to analyze and talk about it. i love that part about canadian news about speedbumps and shit. it\'s true we\'d rather cover stories like that instead of a blood and guts bank robbery that no one wants to hear about.

i found it amazing when those 2 teens went into a k-mart and just completely bought their entire stock of 9mm rounds. that\'s insane. this is a store where they sell kids toys!!

he totally shut down charlton heston too. i felt kinda sorry for him in a way.

10. great movie

too bad it didnt go into depth about the guns

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.