Boveda packs

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by ButterDiesel, Oct 21, 2018.

1. Ok so I over dryed my stuff and it's in jars right now. Ordered 52% Boveda packs and put them in the jars yesterday. About how long til o notice a difference in my stuff? Jars are small pint size. I checked one jar today and didn't notice any difference, but it is just one day. Figure I'll give it a couple more days.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

2. back in the good old days, apple peels to add moisture back into too dry weed!

• Like Like x 1
  3. I overdried mine and 2 bovidas didn't do it but 3 did. Follow the recommended number of packs by the weight of your crop. Get a hygrometer. Caliber iv on amazon. Hopefully you can get it in the cure zone.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

4. Yeah so I dont have a clue what size packs I got, or how much stuff they're mixed in with. I want to say the 4 gram packs. I do like the apple peels and tortilla shell idea though. I'll give it a couple more days and see what happens. Thanks a lot!

5. I use one 60 gram size 62% humidity pack per 1/2 gallon mason jar. The tiny packs don't have enough surface area IMO.
    [​IMG]

Don't use food like Apples Oranges or Tortillas as they contaminate the bud and increase the chance for mold. Use a scrap of paper towel soaked in Distilled or tap water.
    Best to not let it get crispy dry in the first place.
    BNW

• Like Like x 2
  6. Yeah I was looking more at the pack physical dimension vs what amount it would work for. I guess a small piece of paper towel soaked in distilled water would help it along. Lesson learned about over drying.

7. Due to my screwed up area to dry I have resorted to adding a damp paper towel into my jars. I'll let you know if that helps. I sure hope it does.

8. I wouldn't add anything wet mate. If you do, I suggest not letting it touch the buds.

You said you ordered 52% packs? I would go with 55-65% packs. I use the 62. Curing stops below 55 and above 65 ya risk mold

Sent from my KING_KONG_3 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. #9 billlyblanks420, Nov 14, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2019
    I use the 58% when i can tell the bud still has some moisture from the initial dry and 62% when it was dried till the stem snaps

Edit: i usd the 60 gram packs as well

10. I bought some at the beginning of this month................I put MORE than what the called for in my jar............its still sittin at 68.............I am not impressed with them........

11. Ive never really checked mine with a hygro meter just kinda trusted them to work, now u have me wondering

12. Yeah........well my meters are new as well.........so I started both at the same time...................so IT COULD BE my hydrometers..............and not the packs...........I wanted to let everyone know that......

13. It’s too late if you’ve overdried it, you ain’t getting it back, smell ain’t getting no better.
    I’m assuming 52% is a typo of 62%

• Agree Agree x 1