Bout to go meet my girlfriends family

Discussion in 'General' started by MrHhhiiiooo, Dec 23, 2011.

1. Im having dinner with my gfs parents and grandparents in 2 hours. Im so god damn nervous. Im like not going to be able to eat. Im kind of shy but i can carry on a conversation for the most part. Its just going to be weird having 4 people staring at me all dinner trying to judge whether im good enough for their daughter or not.

Any advice blades?

2. Chill out.

Pop a pill.

Drink a beer.

Just be yourself and chat it up with em. If you go in there all nervous and quiet they are just going to think you are weird.

3. Just be cool.
    Be yourself, let them judge. If your girl digs you then that's usually enough to earn the parents respect.
    "Always be nice to the woman in the family, but always be a man around the men."

4. do some unmentioables and walk in there like.....
    [​IMG]

ok maybe not the best advice :D

5. be yourself. Remember, it's your girlfriend who loves you, and just be on your best behavior. Act like you're in church or something. You'll be fine.

I know where you're coming from, it's not easy. But if you just act naturally and be yourself you should be fine.

Best of luck!

6. Damn dude. Can't give any good advice about that. I'm a failure when it comes to. Awkward situations.

7. Where some fuck yeah boxers, and walk in and say fuck yeah.

8. Bail.

Some things came up

9. Damn good luck man, every girl I have dated and met there parents, the dad has always threatend me like with knives and other shit, so think of that and laugh when you freak out they are people too man

10. Act interested in them, ask lots of questions, like what they do for a living. Don't be nervous, enjoy yourself. Drink a little bit before if that helps, and smoke lol.

11. take a few shots before hand, your confidence will be through the roof.

12. As a girl, let me give you so advice. Just try to be genuinely nice. Laugh at the parents jokes even if they're not funny. Act interested in their boring stories, and keep your personal life details to the basics. (where you work/live etc.) It's the first time meeting them so all you have to do is leave a good impression, not tell a life story! Good luck man!

13. you're good as long as you don't do this
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKF_T4jwIzc]Amber Heard in 'Pineapple Express' (2008) Part 2/4: Dinner - YouTube[/ame]

14. I got no advice for yuh ;) Last time I met a girl's family, her, her uncle and me chilled in front of the kitchen window smoking blunts while her dad was cooking some curry in the kitchen.. then we went inside and got some curry haha...

15. If you're feeling too nervous to eat, toke before you go. Hell toke regardless.

16. If you're grubby looking...Clean yourself up.

If her parents aren't bud smokers...Do NOT go over there wearing
    your tie-dyed or Bob Marley t-shirts. Even if they do smoke..Wear something
    half decent anyway.

Dont go over there all blazed outa your mind. You dont want that as your
    first impression.

Mind your manners and be respectfull even if they are assholes. (not saying they are,
    but you know what I mean).

Remember..These are your GF's parents..Not your homies. So leave the slang
    and getto talk at home.

Dont be an ass and everything will be fine....Good Luck!:smoke:

17. Thanks for all the advice blades! I just got home and it went great! I just chilled out minded my manners and asked them questions. It was great. It was actually pretty fun too.

She said her parents really like me too which is awesome. Everything worked out.

18. damn where do you people find the coolest families like this!! the day i toke a blunt with my girls family and then they feed me after!!! hell has frozen over and her dad threw away the gun he told me he has!

19. give the dad a hand job.

wait what?