Bought my dream bike today

Discussion in 'Planes, Trains & Automobiles' started by epiic, Dec 14, 2011.

1. So I originally posted a thread on here on buying a used Honda 1000rr that was dropped on both sides. Never bought it, just wasn't worth it.

So it's almost summer here and the temps are reaching high 90s, 96-98 to be exact.

I decide today to go to my uncles house, who lives in a major city about 40 mins away. Has a in ground pool and I wanted to go swimming.

As im looking for a parking spot I come across a car dealership a block away from his house and I come across this parked up front for sale.

image-2481840686.png

image-1140159800.png

image-774223514.png

A 2005 Ducati 999. I immediately pulled in as my jaw is hanging wide open. I have ALWAYS wanted a Ducati. Especially a 996 or a 999. I started talking to the owner of the dealership.

Checked the bike out, bike is mint with the exception of a few paint chips on the right side fairing. And only had 2,745 miles on it. I test rode it, what a beautiful piece of machinery!! Completely fell in love with it. The motor has such a deep sound.

So I get back after the test ride and ask the price. I was thinking an easy $18k the way bikes are priced here. $8k was what he was asking for. I was shocked at how low the price was. I told him I would think about it and walked away.

Went back a few hours later with $7000 cash on me. Whipped it out and told him straight up cash deal right now. I pick her up tomorrow :) :) :) :)

Only one thing I really want to change on her. I don't know if the previous owner ran her on the track or not. But the rear brake lever and clutch lever are repositioned in a way I have never seen. I'm sure I could get used to it, but I prefer stock. If you zoom in on the pics you can see what I am talking about. Any suggestions as to why the previous owner did that mod?

Either way I am happy as shit!!!

2. Nice man! Congratulations! I just bought my first bike a few months back.

3. [quote name='"VAD3R"']Nice man! Congratulations! I just bought my first bike a few months back.[/quote]

Thanks!!! What kind of bike did you get?

4. See buddy. Now wasn't it worth the wait. A Shitty dropped Honda.. (not sayin hondas Shitty). Or a fucking duke for the same price. Right? Truly happy for you. And truly truly jealous. Be good to her

5. I really like that bike, and for a good price

6. love me a ducati.

7. [quote name='"blackzinger"']See buddy. Now wasn't it worth the wait. A Shitty dropped Honda.. (not sayin hondas Shitty). Or a fucking duke for the same price. Right? Truly happy for you. And truly truly jealous. Be good to her[/quote]

Yeah man, I figured I've already been looking for 8 months. I can wait some more. And man I am glad I did!! Gonna go pick her up today after lunch!! :)

8. I'm more of an 848 R guy myself, but before that bike existed my heart was in a 999.

Only ridden 5-6 times in my whole life, and I know that I'll never ever be responsible on one. Sadly I must deny myself lol.

When the girlfriend dumps me, I'll get a bike lol. Then go to the straight desert roads for some top speed runs :D I'm just gonna keep dreaming.

9. Much much better deal than the CBR IMHO

10. Can't wait til I can get a bike.. The 999 is SO sick.

11. Get it on the circuit ASAP! If you ain't draggin' you ain't tryin'.

12. that thing is badass but that would be the end of me:devious:

13. Closest circuit to me is a 16 hour ride...not happening :(

But there are some MEAN ass twisties in my area, oh and no enforced speed limit helps as well:hello:

I have been ripping up the roads the past 4 hours! I can't get over at how well this bike is built. Such a head turner as well. I stopped for a cold drink at my local "fast food" place. About 30 people were asking me about her. :smoke:

14. Very fucking nice. OP was yesterday, so you've got the bike now I take it? How is it riding her as YOURS as opposed to a test ride?

I'm not into bikes and know nothing about them but that right there, is definitely an eye catcher. Congrats

15. What's different about the clutch and rear brake?

16. Oh and did anyone notice the rear brake and gear shift lever in the pics. Like I stated in my OP, I have never seen a setup like that, have any of you guys?

17. The foot pegs and levers aren't all one assembly. You have your foot pegs, and then the levers sit a few inches farther than usual. If you zoom in on my pics you can see what I am talking about.

18. Very nice bike. I'm hoping to buy a Monster next year.

19. Perhaps the rider was of an unusual size?