Bought a Cabinet off a yard sale for $5 //Need help from the community (NEW GROWER)

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by LARob, Feb 4, 2012.

1. Dude you have no idea what you are talking about. Please stop trying to advise people with such misinformation.

As far as bud density goes, led is known to produce some of the most dense and high quality buds if applied properly (very intensive and costly, achieved by few), followed by hps, t5, and cfl. But all of these still have the potential to produce quality buds (with proper application) as proven by half the members here. So dude seriously quit trashing everything else.

For this size space suggesting he do a 250w cooltube is a joke. While possible, temperature control will be a nightmare.

He doesnt need "musel", he needs better advise...

To the OP, stick with the cfls if you want to build a simple rig with limited headache and funds. If you have deep pockets try out the ufo. If you want to go balls out with engineering this thing and dont mind the intensive struggle and reduced stealth try out the hps.

2. OK, there has been a lot of advice given, but we really need to know the specifics to help you.

What is your budget? If your budget is tight forget the leds. The HPS light would be the most effecient. You would need the cool tube for sure because they put out the most heat.

CFL's would probably be the most cost efficient way to go for you I am going to guess. You could even use some 2' fluorescent tubes (if they would fit) if you have some of those around.

Panda plastic is good. White paint is almost as good, and cheaper.

I always counsel first time growers to start with a clone if they have access to them. It makes the first grow much easier and saves some time.

I wish you well on your grow!

3. Blackstars are made in China.. and over half of Cree's employees work in China. Just a little information.

4. everything is made in china, there's American company's that manufacture in china and then there's the Chinese rip off garbage i think he was referring to. ill be using a blackstar 135w ufo for my next micro grow, ive heard nothing but good from them so i think its s safe bet.

5. I use to think the same thing, but one may be more sensitive then another. Good example. I have 2 plants growing. 1 Kush 1 Haze, I water them both with the same 900ppm mix and the haze is burnt to shit when the kush just sucked it up like a champ.

6. Yea some plants can be more sensitive to nutes...I'm talking in general