Bottom Leaves Yellowing/Browning

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by TheGlove20, Jun 20, 2022.

1. Hi fellow growers. This is my first grow and I’m about 6 weeks in. For the most part, the plants seem healthy. However, I have noticed some yellowing and browning toward the bottom of the plants. Some of the older leaves browned, dried up, and died.

I am using 50% Fox Farms Ocean Forest, 25% coco, and 25% perlite. I’ve been using Earth Juice Original 5 nutrients and feeding based on their schedule.

I am wondering if this is a nitrogen deficiency. Do I need to increase N in my nutrient mix? Or could it be caused by overwatering resulting in the plant not taking in the N? Could it be Ph? Something else?

Let me know what you think and if you have any steps I should take to diagnose the issue.
    Pics below:

2. your pics didn't post to the thread properly. Try again or change permissions on your media album.

3. Thanks for the heads up. Changed media permissions. I think it should work now.

4. Works now. I agree it looks healthy for the most part. Not concerned about lowest leaf dying. I don't have any experience with your medium ratios as it relates on how to manage a synthetic feeding schedule or PH adjustment. Are you measuring PH or ppms?

5. To be honest this is my first time, and it started out as more of an experiment than anything else, but now that they’re growing well I want to dial it in and get a decent harvest. Haven’t measured either yet, just going off the Earth Juice feeding chart, but I just bought a device that can test for both PH and ppms. Any advice on what to be looking for from PH and ppm?

6. heres a good intro for you -

• Like Like x 1