Grasscity - Cyber Week Sale - up to 50% Discount

Bottom leafs are browning ?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Kilo2315, Aug 2, 2019.

1. Hello everyone I have 3 plants and I’m having some difficulty’s with them 2 of the plants are doing good but the bottom leafs are browning and I have one little guy that won’t seem to grow after I topped it all tips and help is greatly appreciated

Attached Files:

2. What medium are you using? It looks way too dry and dense packed.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. I’m using this for soil and it’s not packed too tight

Attached Files:

4. Bad aeration combined with soil getting too dry is my guess

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. You may have a big mis-match on fertilizer and plant.
    I can, actually, see the time-release fertilizer in there... and I don't see nearly enough perlite... well, next time.
    We've got what we've got.
    Whatever you do, be careful with adding anything to that medium; it appears to be loaded.
    I'm not a fan of this, but I'd guess that a successful transplant into proper medium just may be the way to go; the girls are still small...
    In that soil, I think that you are 'along for the ride'.
    "Yellow leaves? Shrug."
    Hopefully, someone will come along with a better answer.
    G'luck.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. All of those chunks of wood require nitrogen to break down. My guess is they are soaking the nitrogen from your soil making your plants nitrogen deficient. If I was you I'd give the worse looking plant a soluble fertilizer and see if it helps. If it makes things worse you still have others to play with.

7. I think they are right, I see lots of big chunks, maybe too big for the little ladies? Do you water the whole pot for that little girl? I tried a little lady in a big pot but had lots of problems now I just transplant

8. I started them in this size container I just transferred to the big pots last week and that’s when the problems started

Attached Files:

9. What medium did you transplant them into?
    The same time-release fertilized mix?

10. No I started them with basic topsoil flushed with no nutes then transfered to this soul

11. Oh. The issue started when you transplanted into this time-release medium.
    Perhaps if you have only just recently transplanted, it will be easy to re-transplant into a proper medium.
    Otherwise, you're feeding your reefer like 'geranium'...
    in my opinion;
    other opinions, not withstanding.

12. I think you transplanted too early,when looking down on container,the leaves should be past container walls before transplanting,i have great success w/ root riot plugs and a root dusting of great white myconozol.

13. No matter what the issue in fact is.
    It's not worth solving until you get em out of that " Time released" fertilizer.
    Maybe avoid that next time.
    Your never going to have control over your plants until you control your soil.
    Wait didn't some body else say that already...

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. So I just ripped them out of the time released soil and put them in a perlite rich seed starting soil

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. 91F856CB-DB6F-4410-A1F1-88A4608B2293.jpeg 01192C0B-C68E-4A8D-9B45-19C3C7F44B21.jpeg 8DEFF8D4-B492-4DE6-9B67-D72627107D28.jpeg

Attached Files:

16. It was a drastic measure, but it just might work out for you.
    I have had success with the Fox Farm trio, for soil, as fertilizer.
    I have stuck to FF’s schedule and not yet any issues.
    Just water them and watch them and maybe say a little....
    G’luck, mate.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  17. how'd that work out for you?

18. EA3D4B1B-9150-4673-A41F-8CDADBDE3FCE.jpeg AB242136-A2EC-4EA9-8472-4766F1D77940.jpeg 2E9CE02B-0BD8-4D3A-A446-489E87001BD2.jpeg 0475E197-09F7-476E-897B-0ADE9C9DF9E3.jpeg AAD2A610-888A-4E4B-80F7-D5B905258BE9.jpeg
    So I did a huge change and set up my room and brought the girls inside since it’s already late In the season and they were still young

19. Looks like everything worked out for you.

• Like Like x 1
  20. I gotta be 100% with you.. you have that much room in your house to have a few chairs in a room and sit around in?
    I would pull out everything in that room put it in the alley way.
    And then I would fill it up you got a perfect peaked roof in there a nice 4x8 block in the very center with slouched walkway all around is like a indoor dream come true.... toss the chairs out!
    Then do not tell anyone do not post pics or questions online do not show your friends or brag at the bar. Just stay home be super wierd and handle that for 3 months..