Bottom fan leaves drying, changing color, curling! Sex

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by AnErki PUCK, Feb 28, 2010.

1. Now that I have your attention, I need your help. I'm typing this on a PS3 and I can't hook my camera to it so I can't post pics. But I'll try to detail as much as I can. I have 3 plants total. 1. is a bag seed. however, shes the biggest. at least 3 times bigger than both of the others. Even though all my plants started one the same day, two months ago. She takes up about two square feet! 2. a purple trainwreck from goldenseed. an amazing strain however this plant is two months old an only about a foot tall and skinny. Strange since these are all grown in SCOTTS soil and a 400W MH now its a 400 HPS I started flowering last week. 3. plant has no problems besides being a midget for her age. So onto the problems. I will make another post for the issues...

2. So both plants have pretty much similar issues....bottom fan leaves drying from the tip and spreading through out. Yellowing edges with brown spots. Some leaves on plant number 2 turned completely yellow with ugly brown splotches. Some leaves on plant number 1 turn into a crispy orange color. Leaves curl upwards and die.... I used JAck's Classic nutes maybe twice in 3 weeks because the soil already had some bat guano so I didnt want to nute burn. I water every few days. Or when my moisture meter detects slight dryness. However some symptoms appear to be nute burn. I also thought it was a magnesium defficiency so I flushed with one tsp molasses and 5 tsp of epsom salt. the leaves are still drying out with getting orangeish tips. I saw some fungus gnats in the area a few weeks ago so I got sticky traps and NO pest strips. Haven't seen another fucker since till yesterday I saw one flying near the soil so I killed it. Do you know what the problem may be? Sorry I can't post pics.

3. My guess is your PH level is off, maybe to high or lower depending on your area, creates a nutrient lock out, get some PH test papers, if younr in soil go for 6.5 if your hydro do 5.7. Let us know if that helps.

PS- fungus Gnats are terrible I have them in my one plant right now too. Seems your early into the investation though, Get one of those Hot Shot insect repellent sticks, them almost look like air fresherners with yellow sticky tape inside, and drench your soil with Azamax to kill off any larva in the soil waiting to hatch and eat your babies!