boondock saints

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by cowofsteel, Jul 26, 2004.

1. So what do you guys that have seen the movie think about the message?

if you havn't seen it, its about two brothers that go around killing bad people because god told them too...

"Kill all that is bad, so all that is good may flourish"

Personally I have no problem with a dead mob boss or a dead rapist or a dead crime syndicate leader, they all deserve death anyway

2. No one deserves death.

Everyone deserves happyness, and has a legitimate right to it.

If someone brought pain/sorrow to others, he should be educated, in order to understand that his happyness is not through othrer people's sorrow.

3. We all deserve death. That's why it comes to us eventually.

As far as deserving it due to causing others pain and sorrow....if they caused it by intentionally taking someone else's life or anything of the such, then they deserve a brutal death. If someone walked into my home and killed someone I loved and I had the chance to kill them right then and there, I would. They can be educated in the next life.

As far as the movie...I really liked it.

4. Hmm, I don't think that could ever work in this society... Maybe if everything was perfect then we could do things like this, but for now theres no chance....

some people are just bad people, you can educate them and show them what they are doing, chances are they already know, and don't care...

and RMJL, yea, the movie was great

5. i think they modeled boondock saints after soviet russian under stalin. He thought many people were bad and evil becuase they didnt not give all their efforts for russia, so he killed them. Evil is only in the eye of the beholder.

6. although rehabilitation is a great idea, many people are just too old to be reeducated. cant teach an old dog new tricks as they say.

many of these peoples crazy ideas and attitudes are deep seeded in there psyche, and its not always reversible. if you get to them young, there is hope, but for the most part, i say bad people are bad. although its not always so general.

a murdered should be killed. a person who hit someone that darted in the road with their car should be educated.

a rapist should be killed. a horny boyfriend who wouldnt stop after a girl has said no should be HARSHLY educated.

a kidnapper who steals a child should be killed. a parent who has lost custody should be educated.

anyways these are just some examples i thought of, i know im sort of off topic tho...

Boondock Saints is AWESOME. The escape they have is incredible, i loved it. Last time i watched the film, i smoked an entire quarter before it was over, out of:

depth charge
    thirdlung
    hot knives
    big bong
    little bong
    coner
    doobie
    pipe
    other pipe
    vaporizer

boy i was high. first time i ever passed out off weed.

off topic again...

id say the people they were killing are parasites, and it was just. but i dont so much condone vigilanteism (is that a word..?)