Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Books on treating ADD/ADHD with Cannabis?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by Junglism, Jan 8, 2010.

1. Hi guys,

I'm looking for any recommended books on treating ADHD or ADD with Cannabis, or even general books about common medicinal uses of Cannabis.

The only one I've found so far is this: Amazon.com: Marihuana: The Forbidden Medicine (9780300070866): Dr. Lester Grinspoon M.D., Dr. James B. Bakalar: Books

Any others you would recommend? I'm thinking about getting a Card if this is the answer to some of my issues. I'd prefer books/articles written by Doctors specifically, but general opinion is valuable too.

Thanks a bunch. :)

2. Help please?

3. I'm not sure how much luck you'll have here. I know the prescription drugs used to treat ADHD are pretty serious stimulants, but they're believed to work by controlling certain hormone levels in the brain.

If anything, you could approach your doctor as someone wary of prescription drugs with a high potential for abuse (Adderall is like speed), and ask to get a card in order to try alternative treatment.

Or, if you already know that weed helps you with your ADD/ADHD, you could get a card for some ambiguous condition that is not easily proven.